1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I've ordered a couple things from their website, but their retail store closest to me (well, both of them, but one's already closed) were kind of a pain to get to from where I live.

I'd sometimes stop in when I went to Guitar Center (world's biggest guitar test-drive emporium, lol) since they were both near GC stores...I very rarely actually made a special trip.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
from the article looks like they will keep the website open.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Whoa...

I have one 15 minutes away..which happens to be across the street from Fry's...

Does this mean there will be some really good sales?
[/b]
The remaining stores will be closed or sold. They told consumers to expect some good holiday sales. Take that how you want

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
It will probably go the way egghead did. Remember that store? Was a big chain years back, then closed their stores to focus on internet only, and now even that is gone. Most of their stores near me had closed a while back and I remember during black friday wondering where the nearest store to me was, but they didn't really have any good deals, most other stores like Sears, Circuit City, Staples, Best Buy had better deals so it was easy to cross them off the list of stores to visit.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes it is, circuitcity is feeling the pressure too. but at least best buy isnt all computers, as they sell tvs and appliances, and alot of people do like to see those things in person before they buy.

·
Registered
415 Posts
They were the only major retail outlet that carried PC components, such as motherboards, and CPU. I don't know of Best Buy carries that stuff now, but yeh, comp usa tends to have good deals on certain items...

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
They were the only major retail outlet that carried PC components, such as motherboards, and CPU. I don't know of Best Buy carries that stuff now, but yeh, comp usa tends to have good deals on certain items...
[/b]
Fry's in my area carrys components. I buy hard drives and stuff I am too much in hurry to get or I can expense off. I bought memory and 80GB 7200rpm hard drive for my company laptop. The CompUSA in my area closed about a year ago.

Bob

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Fry's in my area carrys components. I buy hard drives and stuff I am too much in hurry to get or I can expense off. I bought memory and 80GB 7200rpm hard drive for my company laptop. The CompUSA in my area closed about a year ago.

Bob
[/b][/quote]

theres no frys in my area. so no more close by pc component stores. of course you can buy things like hard drives or memory lots of places now, circuit city, best buy, etc. etc.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
F*****s had it coming.

S****y service, S****y prices, and S****y warranty services.

I can't remember how many times I've been there only to find cheaper prices on hardware. Then there warranties are a joke. Girlfriend's sister's laptop died, who normally is away for college (By away I mean more than 3 hours away from home while driving), I look at it, "OH! Defective hard drive!" Back it up on my PC using Ghost, goto CompUSA who gave me **** right away, to where her dad called them and bitched them out. Okay great, so now we are going somewhere, I left the laptop on battery with the error saying Hard drive is defective. NOPE! They don't care. Took 5 weeks to get it back. All they had to do was swap the hard drive out. Then they never called to say it was done... That was nice.

So yeah, they had it coming, I feel no remorse. And I did try writing corporate a letter saying how their services sucked, I never got a reply.

Good riddance to C***USA.

[edit]Launguage man...launguage, c'mon now.[/edit]

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
F*****s had it coming.

[/b]
While I don't hate them that much I never really did buy anything from them, it was all a rip off. A removable drive selling there for $150 I went home and bought online (not eBay) for $80, and Hey why is this case $80 my friend just bought the same thing for $30.

The CompUSA near me closed and even the closing sale sucked. ooooh, up to 10% off, what a deal... The prices where still higher than everywhere else.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
[edit]Launguage man...launguage, c'mon now.[/edit]
[/b]
My bad Bull Geek, I just get overwhelmed sometimes in rants I don't take the time to see what I am typing, I'll try better diction next time

1 - 17 of 17 Posts