Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 ford taurus with a DOHC motor. the car runs rough at idle but at 40+ mph runs great. the car has a code of P0306. Changed the plugs first and that did not fix it. then moved to the coil on the six cylinder and still nothing. change the fuel injector on 6, and once again that didnt fix it. Decided to check the compression and got 50psi....(i believe its supposed to be 125 of so?) moved over to the 4 and 5 cylinder and am getting 50-60psi on those too.....

OK what could my problem be? is this gonna be something thats gonna cost me alot of money? i've read mostly bad things about compression problems but usually its only on one cylinder not 3. ( i didnt check the back cylinders compression because at that time a was pretty upset.)

thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
8,590 Posts
Could switch injectors with another cyl and see if the code follows the injector.

I would first look at fuel trims for bank 2 to see if they are higher positive compared to bank 1. If bank 2 is significantly higher than bank 1 (like bank 2 +10%, bank 1 near 0%) I would suspect and intake gasket leak on #6 runner.

·
Registered
365 Posts
did you ever try using a different compression gauge? sounds to me like it may have been dead.

Did you check for signal at the injector and the coil packs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts