Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the DURATEC and to gain access to the rear bank of plugs the upper air intake plenum has to be removed (throttle body, vacuum lines, etc.). My question is, with the intake removed will I receive correct readings on a compression check? I read that the throttle should be wide open during a compression test but if the throttle body has been removed what do I do? Also, is 200 and over too high of a reading to get on a cylinder?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by gruffybear@Jul 15 2004, 08:40 PM
I have the DURATEC and to gain access to the rear bank of plugs the upper air intake plenum has to be removed (throttle body, vacuum lines, etc.). My question is, with the intake removed will I receive correct readings on a compression check? I read that the throttle should be wide open during a compression test but if the throttle body has been removed what do I do? Also, is 200 and over too high of a reading to get on a cylinder?
The compression will not be different with the intake on or off... not significantly anyways. Thats if you follow the proper procedures. Off hand I don't remember the compression specifications for the 'tec.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
no intake will be the same as WOT, which you're looking for. The intake and exhaust valves still work, so you're all set. Just make sure it dosen't start, or it'll rev to hell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts