Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking in to purchasing some components to replace factory 6X8. i was actually told that 6.5 would sound much nicer in SQ compared to 6x8.
just need som opinions in wich componey to buy from. actually found a pair in my budget but not sure in how good they are.

pair of Rockford fosgate P1652-S 6.50" Punch.

my big concern is are they anygood cuz i know rockford has some good amps.

thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
a good set of front components will make a huge difference. and yes, as a general rule, round speakers will give you better sound quality. i'm running a pair of Boston Pro SL-65s in my front doors, and have subsequently removed my rear speakers for more natural imaging.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I've always loved my Polk Audio speakers.

·
Registered
587 Posts
looking in to purchasing some components to replace factory 6X8. i was actually told that 6.5 would sound much nicer in SQ compared to 6x8.
just need som opinions in wich componey to buy from. actually found a pair in my budget but not sure in how good they are.

pair of Rockford fosgate P1652-S 6.50" Punch.

my big concern is are they anygood cuz i know rockford has some good amps.

thanks.
funny you say this the 6.5 will not natrualy fit in the opening with out removeing metal. 6.5 does not fit in the 6 inch side of the opening to big by 1/2 inch. i would go for 5.25 inch speakers i like my cadence but polks are good etc... i look for silk tweeters for the best sound quality. with a good high power good quality woofer. any ways here are 5.25 adaptor plates for the ford taurus it make the job easier. not saying you can't cut outthe metal if that waht your planing.

(9.95) SCOSCHE SAF68 <br>1995-Up Ford Contour/Mercury Mystique Speaker Adapter (PAIR)

·
Registered
587 Posts
What should be in replace of the rear deck speakers?

are you planing to go with subs/amp if so do not put the rear ones there.
if you are not going with amp and sub go with same set up same speakers all the weay around except sub speaker. this will help in fill of the cabin and mid bass. it will not be as distracting to go with speaker of all the same spl rating and wattage if there different it tends to make you want to turn around and look back. which can kinda be like texting lol's. also the sound quality is better i think with all the same spl speakers.

·
Registered
587 Posts
So components it is. One last question, where would I put the tweeter in the rear?

on the baffle plate for the 5.25 inch speakers 6.5 inch you will have to make a custom baffle plate to hole tweeter and woofer. are you planing on using a sub and amp to. if so is it going to be a big set up one that will make the cone on the component set fire when ever the bass hits. this is were i mounted mine to my rear door pads. the bass hitting distorts the music of the components making them sound like crap.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i already have a a pair of subs and an amp and honeslty my amp is a four channel bridged to one and it doesnt produce that much bass to distort the factory speakers. but i am actually planning on getting a mono block for the subs and the four channel that i have will go back to the components.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts