Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I realize this is an extremely common issue with the Taurus.

I'm having the issue where interior lights won't turn off. I've done a good number of searches both on the internet at large, and on this forum, and most of the resources I'm seeing are telling me to spray various parts of the door with WD-40 or some other kind of cleaner/lubricant. Unfortunately, however, I've tried spraying both the button switches and the door latches with WD-40 quite extensively, as well as operating both, to no avail.

I've got work in the morning and quite a lengthy trip after that, so any solution that I could implement immediately would be appreciated greatly.

·
Registered
405 Posts
For an immediate solution, you could pull the fuse, though I can't remember what else goes out with the interior lights.

Likely one of your door jam switches bit the dust. Open each door and push/pull on the button of the door jam switch, one is probably shot.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I don't know if that wd-40 latch thing was a common issue on '94's, I think that was more of a gen 3 thing. You said both doors, do '94's have rear door switches too possibly?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same problems once with my 02. It was easy for me to tell that is was the door ajar switch though because the open door notification on the dash would stay on even though all the doors were closed. sprayed some wd40 in there for about 5 seconds then i opened and closed each door about 10 times to make sure to work in the wd40 and it hasnt happened since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if that wd-40 latch thing was a common issue on '94's, I think that was more of a gen 3 thing. You said both doors, do '94's have rear door switches too possibly?
Pardon me, I did mean to say that I did it on all of the doors. Upon further examination, however, I discovered that the little button switch on the rear passenger door is immobile (in the down position, though.) I figure it's probably just shot. Regardless, I've pulled the fuse for now and will have it looked at when I have the time/cash I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts