Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the keyless Commando alarm with remote auto-start. Paid $1,000 with install. I had it installed at a Ford dealer in Arizona last year. Since, I've moved to Virginia. Now the alarm goes off every time I turn it on. I called the Commando HQs and they gave me a list of 3 places here in VA to have a look at it. The problem, all 3 quit servicing Commando, and no one else supports it here.

Anyone have an idea on why this happens? The doors, trunk, and remote start all work fine. But if the alarm is turned on, within 2 minutes the alarm goes off. I ended up taking it to an car alarm shop that used other alarms, and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it, but ... the alarm still goes off.

·
Banned
62 Posts
My guess would be a bad sensor, but I've never owned a security system so............take my advice with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Most alarm have a blinking led light that will blink a code to tell you why the alarm is being triggered. You would watch the led for 60sec and you will notice a pattern. Look at the owners manual for the alarm and decode. Is the alarm 2-way with the led screen? If so what does it display?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts