Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most second generation Taurus's have a column shifter as standard equipment. The floor shifter and center console was reserved for the sportier Taurus SHO and Taurus SE. If you want to get rid of the column shifter in your '92-'95 Taurus and replace it with a floor shifter and center console from a ATX SHO....

Click the link below to find out how. Even if your not interested in the column-to-floor shifter conversion, check out the custom DVD player installation in Kenny's '95 GL.

Once again my friend Kenny has done an outstanding job. I'm very impressed with what he's done to his Taurus, and his willingness to help others.

Thank you so much Kenny for all your hard work, persistence, and your dedication to this project. I can't wait to get mine done next! :chili:

Dennis Wolfe

Advanced Mods: Column-To-Floor Shifter Conversion

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Wow, that is an awesome write-up! That needs to be pinned in the Aesthetic forum! So detailed and so nice. That car is clean! I bet a lot of people will appreciate the time you guys spent documenting that.

A

·
0 Posts
Wow, that looks good....How do I get in touch with this guy so this can be added to the site in some way?

Edit: Nevermind, just found an e-mail address.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Wow! Not too shabby! Good job! This is the kind of stuff the club needs.

Thanks alot for doing this, hopefully this will inspire people to do a similar thing.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys,

Sorry for the long delay posting back, I've been busy. If anyone sent Kenny e-mail and has not yet received a reply, it may be because Kenny has been having some computer problems (darn viruses) and may be off-line for a little wile.

QUOTE (fordaspiregv @ Jun 27 2004, 11:18 AM) "Thanks alot for doing this, hopefully this will inspire people to do a similar thing."

That's exactly what Kenny and I was thinking when we decided to put the column-to-floor shifter conversion how-to online. I've seen this topic discussed here and on other message boards in the past, but I'm not aware of anyone else who has actually done it.

QUOTE (Adam B. @ Jun 27 2004, 09:05 AM) "How do I get in touch with this guy so this can be added to the site in some way?"

Adam,
Tell me what you have in mind. You know I'll take care of you guys. If nothing else you could always do a IFrame link or maybe a custom frame page with the TCCA logo at the top, the TCCA URL in the browser address bar, and the lower part of the page linked to off-site content. Just an idea. Here's the link to past if you want it. http://www.denniswolfe.com/Taurus/interior...ior_Upgrade.htm

Kenny does have a sweet ride. I've ridden in his car before, and also cruised along side him at speeds well over 100 MPH. Hey we had to test them Superchips. He he.

By the way, Kenny tells me that his next project is to install a sunroof in his Taurus, and of course he will document the whole process for us.

Happy shifting,
Dennis

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adam,

Better yet, If you want something that is quick, easy and will blend in better with the TCCA main page.

Try this line of code in the appropriate place and see what it looks like.
<iframe name="column-to-floor-shifter_how-to" src="http://www.denniswolfe.com/Taurus/interior~conversion/column-to-floor-shifter.htm"

Here's Kenny's email address that he uses for the how-to articals. [email protected]

Cheers,
Dennis W.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
That's a COTM if I've ever seen one. Tell him to get his arse over here pronto! BEAUTIFUL!

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Jun 29 2004, 08:59 AM
Tell him to get his arse over here pronto!
I already did. He's just busy with work and new family. We do need to get Kenny over here. I think he has a lot to offer the Taurus Car Club and he would be a valued member (like me) :)

The TCCA rules!

KENNY - GET YOUR A$$ OVER HERE NOW!!!

Generation 2 - a proud TCCA member.

B

·
0 Posts
Want me to threaten an ass whoopin if he doesn't get over here? I'm pretty mild mannered, but I can get pretty riled up when I OD on Geritol. :blink: :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Bob, I think your last post did the trick. I added Kenny to the members map page. His username is kenny_coffy. Hey, do I get a referral fee or something for bringing in new members?

Now about your problem. I'm planning on contacting Doc, Adam, Tom, Jeff, and some of your other friends to join me in doing an intervention. Don't make me have to travel all the way up there to Rode Island to take away your Geritol.

D.W. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts