Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's have another meet! Same locale, same meetup point, etc.

October 6, 2013 (Sunday) 930AM ish - Meet at Pull A Part in Columbia, SC
Official address is 5702 Monticello Rd Columbia, SC

It's right at exit 69/Monticello Rd - SC 215....right off of I-20. When you get off the exit, head south towards downtown Columbia. As you go up the hill, the entrance will be on the left.

After there, we can go back to my place about 15-20 minutes away in Blythewood. Just like last time, we'll grill out/order takeout, get some ice cream this time, hang out/BS, work on cars, etc.

We can swing by downtown as well and go get a shot of your car next to the infamous world's largest fire hydrant (lol):
Columbia, SC - World's Largest Fire Hydrant

Dinner/Supper in the evening, we can go to one of the local eating joints like Lizard Thicket (local only chain).

On Saturday, we might have a pre-meet dinner thing if anyone is interested at a really good BBQ place: Little Pigs:
World Famous Little Pigs Barbecue
-----------------------------
Hotels...
Comfort Inn
436 McNulty Ave, Blythewood, SC
(803) 754-1441
$85/night

Days Inn North Columbia Ft. Jackson
114 Blythewood Rd, Blythewood, SC ‎
(803) 691-1200
$50/night

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Blythewood
120 Creech Rd, Blythewood, SC ‎
(803) 333-0315
$95/night

If there's enough people, I can call in to one of the preferred places, to see if I can get a group rate.

Post up if your interested (Yes/Maybe), and how many so I can stock up on utensils and what not. I'll update this post with the attendees. Look forward to seeing everyone!!

Nick

Yes Attending
Bull Geek

Maybe Attending
TaurusDailyDriver

Attachments

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
As I talked to you earlier, I'd be coming down Friday thru Sunday if I can. Put me down for a Maybe. The only issue that would come up is school. Would love to come down.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi, I am new to the club, I noticed you are planning to meat up at pull a part, I have been to that pull a part several times, and live outside of Sumter Sc. I may be interested in comming there also. Lizard Thicket has my vote, one of my favorate eateries in Columbia.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Yes.

Is it cool if I bring a friend?
Ya

Hi, I am new to the club, I noticed you are planning to meat up at pull a part, I have been to that pull a part several times, and live outside of Sumter Sc. I may be interested in comming there also. Lizard Thicket has my vote, one of my favorate eateries in Columbia.
Awesome! Only been there once!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ah this sounds awesome. I would love to come, but I don't think I can make this one. I'll definitely be there at the next meetup (whenever that happens)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you can make it out, c'mon and join us.

Thicket is good stuff!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I cannot wait to get up to S.C this weekend, however I am just not excited about getting up early. :D

However once I get the guys, it should be clear sailing up I-20 to Columbia.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent - looking forward to it.

I have two panthers, there'll be another panther or two showing up including yours - almost can have a panther meet ha.

Sorry to ask this, but I only have 3 camping chairs and a rocking chair. If you have a chair you can bring along, it would be appreciated.

Let's hope for good weather!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
Barkentine
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing