Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After speaking with a couple of guys on TCCA and TSOC, sounds like we will be having a get together in Columbia, SC on May 14, 2011.

Thinking about going to the junkyard, then go grab some lunch at Maurice's BBQ http://www.mauricesbbq.com/ . Afterwards, I am installing a couple of things for a member either at my place or downtown maybe? Not sure...will have to figure something out. We'll meet up around 9 or 10 AM at the junkyard "Pull A Part of Columbia SC" :

Google Maps

The driveway into the yard requires really slow entry/exit. You'll bottom out the car if you try to dart across traffic.

If you wanna join us, feel free to meet us at the yard. Once we figure out the best Maurice's location to eat at in town, I'll post that as well.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Bull Geek,

I'm planning on being there.

I suggest the Maurice's in Irmo. It's the closest one that has a buffet. Some may want the pricey buffet, but it's same food as what can be ordered at the counter, just get to eat what ya'll want.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Irmo it is then, cool.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Bull Geek:

I wonder if a Gen 1 Sable front bumper cover would fit your Gen 1 Taurus? I thought of doing that to my MT-5 when I had it painted, but the Sable bumper I have is too beat up to use.

I like the chin grill design on the Sable. (Would have to get rid of the "Mercury" on the trim strip, though.)

I would understand If you want to keep your car Taurus on the outside. The Sable hood (no, I don't have one) does look good on a Taurus. The MT-5 in my Garage photo has a Sable hood.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have yet to even find a good condition Sable front bumper :( They all either have the chin broken off, or have a massive crack/chunk missing in them somewhere. Should have started searching for good parts 10 years ago

I do have an SHO front and rear bumper set on the car right now...rear bumper has a minor tear in it. At least the bumpers won't explode into a million pieces if you bump into something, or someone bumps into you :lol:

The Sable hood definitely looks good on the Taurus, esp with that bulge in it. Be a good thing to swap over whenever I paint the car some day...
Your MT-5 looks great in white...shame it had to go. You don't see many of them around anymore.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Too bad I'm going to the dragon Saturday & Sunday otherwise I'd be all over this. I have to be in Spartanburg at 9 :(

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Dang I'd go but I'm in between job's so gas is an issue. Lol

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Meet was good today. Barkentine and Jay144 showed up. scrounged around the JY, got my 87 more or less timed right. Ran the codes on it. Also had Maurice's for lunch. Then installed auto dim/temp/compass mirror in Jay's car.

·
Registered
447 Posts
imho: Hmmmmmm good.

The conversation was good, also.

I do like the Pull-A-Part junkyard, too.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How was Maurices? Southern style bbq?
Mhmmm yes. Mustard based. I have a new favorite place in town.

I need to open a Pull A Part in Greenville or Spartanburg. Give LKQ some competition!

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Nick, let me know when you open.
I'll come down for that!! :lol2:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I went back to Pull-A-Part yesterday with some rubbing compound and relooked at those doors I wanted to buy, to see how much of the scratch would come out.

Not much. In places that scratch was down to the metal. Using a rattle can or small touch-up brush the entire length of two doors would be obvious.

Both doors would need to be painted to look right. Might as well just fix and paint what I've got. At least I know the power windows and door locks work. It's an unknown with those scratched doors.

So many variables, so little time.....LOL.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dang you were back down here yesterday? Shoot me a message if you are ever down around lunch time on a weekday...I can skip outa work for abit.

Bummer about the doors...I'll keep a casual eye out for some.

Look forward to seeing some pictures of the interior of your old SHO...curious what those seats look like.

Sheila...c'mon out here for the next meet, lol

·
Registered
447 Posts
Here are a couple of photos of the platinum color used on that early SHO.

From what I have read, the platinum interior was discontinued before the 1990 models came out.

I was in Columbia on business and was invited to lunch by the engineering manager and a supervisor at the plant. But if I have a chance next visit, I'll email you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow your seats were definitely the desirable ones since they were perforated leather, and they have the tufts/pleats in the fabric. Very nice.

·
Registered
72 Posts
When are we doing another one of these bc I'm coming to it. sometime in June? ;) we should make it a monthly thing. Lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts