Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It went great! Repeat in October!!! Pix forthcoming.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
I will do my best to make the next one! I really wanna come down that way and take a vacation. Plus the 14 hr drive would be fun

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
447 Posts
Quite a few folks showed up.

"Nix's" Buy Here, Pay Here Wheels & Deals store was open. I bought a set of used SHO wheels for the '93 LX "HOTRYDE", to replace the alloys that look like wheel covers.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
ANd the wheels were delivered today :) Now I am starting to clear up the garage....
Will post pictures in next few days.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,751 Posts
Here's someone who likes old Fords near Anderson, S.C..

I like the red and black 1957 Custom 300 to the right.
Note the Gen 4 in the line-up.
I guess he does...L to R, I see a 1961 Fairlane; 1957 Custom or Custom 300 (depends on how far front the side trim goes); 1963 Galaxie base-level trim; 1959 Fairlane; Gen4 Bull; 1958 Fairlane base trim, just guessing (he seems to have one of each early year).

Someone like me who appreciates the everyday models instead of the top-line stuff!

·
Registered
447 Posts
lgbpop,

Imho, the '57 Custom/Custom 300 look better, and have a cleaner design than the '57 Fairlane 500. The 500 used different sheet metal and had different fins.

I also place the Ford Customs above the '57 Chevy in looks. I never liked the proportions of the Chevy. Ford had a better design, body-wise. Chevy beat them in the engine compartment, though.

For both those car makers, two-tone was the style.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,751 Posts
Yeah, as was the custom then the more expensive the model the more cluttered its design was. I do prefer the mid-level Custom 300s just because they are much less laden with the flash. I particularly like the 1958 Fairlane base trim though (not the 500) but - dang - those had to be the ugliest taillights this side of the Edsel. Quad headlamps just worked with this body, although the Tbird-style bumper/grille combo looked a tad heavy. (see photo)

I still wonder if Ford's rear-end excesses of 1958 prompted Chevy to outdo them for 1959.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,751 Posts
I didn't even notice the RHD, yeah that has to be export judging by the license plate (don't recognize it). In 1958 this could have been Sweden as well, they didn't change over until I was a teenager.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts