Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone...

Going to have a meet in Columbia, SC on March 3, 2013 (Sunday).

Some folks have mentioend in the past that due to work schedules, attending a Saturday meet would be difficult. So we are trying for a Sunday meet this time.

Was thinking that we could meet at Pull A Part in Columbia:
5702 Monticello Road
Columbia, SC

Maybe like 930-10AM. We can check out the offerings there for a bit. Then head back to my place, and hang out there. Order some pizza, get some beverages, etc. I have enough room in the backyard for a car dealership, so space is not an issue for parking.

SInce it's early March, pollen won't be dropping just yet, temps should be 60s-low 70s at best.

Any interest?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Knock knock, hello?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have not been watching the Chapter forum. With my slooow dial-up, I can only visit so many pages in a given amount of time.

Yes, I'd like to visit Pull-A-Part again and look over their selection of 3.8L's to cannibalise (yes, that's the olde English spellin'. It is correct in the Southern dictionary.).

I will be driving the "Brown Beater". The LX may not be ready until later in March, hopefully. I can hardly wait to drive it, and see what else it needs. I've been working on it (2) hours or so at a time, weather permitting.

Plan on me being there on Sunday. Pizza sounds good.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
I'm tempted to make Paul drive down with me... I hate NY and SC is my favorite state. I wish I could make this happen :(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do itttttt, make the drive.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! Good to see he prioritizes people getting sick at work over others, versus giving someone a day to recover. You are a robot after all, not a human. :rolleyes2:

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
Haha I know right... In a restaurant of all places to not have sick employees

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,751 Posts
You don't work at Sam & Ella's, do you?:D

·
Registered
447 Posts
"Nice! Good to see he prioritizes people getting sick at work over others, versus giving someone a day to recover. You are a robot after all, not a human."

Imho, schools and work places (not all, though) are "melting pots" for diseases and illness.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Aw I would of loved to see 2001 SES's goldie. :(

I hate going to doctors/hospitals for anything. Seems like any time I do for whatever reason, I come home and get sick.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
No I don't work there haha... Maybe sometime this summer I can come down to SC, I have a buddy in the Navy in Charleston. Oh and a condo I can use in Myrtle too, so yea this summer I can probably get down there.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Ditto on that, Josh. So yes, Nick, a summer meet, perhaps?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
There's usually car shows at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in summer.
I may just organize a meet sometime myself. :)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you guys want to come down here and bake on low heat, sure. I'll be in the shade. Gingers have it rough :lol: 30 min of sun exposure and I'm a lobster.

Definitely having a meet in October as well this year!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Roach: "I hate going to doctors/hospitals for anything. Seems like any time I do for whatever reason, I come home and get sick."

This is true. And, imho, it's going to get worse.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
If you guys want to come down here and bake on low heat, sure. I'll be in the shade. Gingers have it rough :lol: 30 min of sun exposure and I'm a lobster.

Definitely having a meet in October as well this year!
Paul says Myrtle in late May... I don't have any obligations besides work to get out of and of course my girl friend will come too

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll go meet you all out in Myrtle in May, sure!

Remember we have motorcycle/bike weeks happening in May, plan accordingly...

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
I'll go meet you all out in Myrtle in May, sure!

Remember we have motorcycle/bike weeks happening in May, plan accordingly...
I was in myrtle last year during black bike week... That was rather interesting

1 - 20 of 33 Posts