Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
COTM Advisor
1,013 Posts
Once I got all of the required parts, it wasn't too hard ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what are the required parts? colum, console, shifter, seats? and other misc. parts. am i on the right track?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Judging form the wink at the end, I think that was sarcasm. I think it would be very hard to change. It wouldn't just be re-working plastic on your dash, You'd have to re-route the transmission, change metal pieces, ect... It's not just a quick switch out of console, dash, and seat pieces.

·
COTM Advisor
1,013 Posts
All you need is:

• floor console w/ brackets
  • floor shifter
  • shifter cable w/ bracket
  • lock-out actuator
  • column shroud
It's possible, but time consuming.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
All you need is:

• floor console w/ brackets
  • floor shifter
  • shifter cable w/ bracket
  • lock-out actuator
  • column shroud
It's possible, but time consuming.

I will second this. Very possible. But extremely time consuming.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know this sounds odd, this is the first car ive bought where i dont have to do anything to. i paid 800 for it, the body is straight and rust free. the engine runs great, trans shifts smoothly, it rides like a new car. the paint is still in great shape, it has a working radio. just recently had all fiters replaced and a oil change. really only thing wrong is the headliner is a bit torn and the ac compressor needs to be replaced. im not used to having something that doesnt need some tweeking with.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh yeah and the rear bumper needs to be replaced. some reason the drivers side rear bumper corner is missing. didnt ask about it, thers no other damage so it didnt cross my mind to ask.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
If you can access the droop, you can spray the cloth with some 3m Super 77 and tack it right back up. Just make sure to stretch it back on tight and keep it under pressure for a little while. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts