Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather around here has been ridiculous lately. There's been a foot plus of snow on the ground, and more has been gradually piling up. The worst part is the cold.

When I got up this morning the outside thermometer reading was -9*F. It didn't make it above +3*F all day!

The last few days haven't made it above ~7*F. It is COLD.

I think the warmest day in a week will be on Sunday when it gets up to a whopping +15*F! :rolleyes:

Windchill last night was -30*F.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Woossee, I've seen -26F before, but it was -32F in NW ILL last night about a 100 miles from me.

It didn't get above -6F yesterday, -15F last night.

·
Registered
285 Posts
10 this morning, reached about 28 today here
[/b]
Ditto

Sounds like Summer compared to you northerners... BRR!

·
Registered
402 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
10 this morning, reached about 28 today here
[/b]
Ditto

Sounds like Summer compared to you northerners... BRR! [/b][/quote]
Really? Today's high for me was 6F, in the negatives with the windchill. Tonight's low is -26F, around -36F with the windchill. Must be nice. We finally hit double digits later this weekend, something like 18F. Woohoo! Heat wave.

·
Registered
982 Posts
-50F in Maine today, glad I don't live up there with all the heater problems I've been having.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Everybody in my little taurus group here in texas has the same problem with the cold.......... OUR HEATERS DONT WORK! all 15 of us have busted heaters WTF??? any of yall got that issue up north?

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Everybody in my little taurus group here in texas has the same problem with the cold.......... OUR HEATERS DONT WORK! all 15 of us have busted heaters WTF??? any of yall got that issue up north?
[/b]
Nope, other things break in the cold. Like plastic parts and batterys.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Everybody in my little taurus group here in texas has the same problem with the cold.......... OUR HEATERS DONT WORK! all 15 of us have busted heaters WTF??? any of yall got that issue up north? [/b]
Blower motor went out back in the summer. Ended up having no A/C. Glad it was summer and not winter. Had a new blower put in though.

We have other problems to worry about in the winter though. Like engines not starting because of cold temperatures or fuel lines freezing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
[/b]
its just a really weird coinincidence that none of ours work the AC is fine tho lol we r all 96-99 model too s i just wonder how common it is or does ford hate texas? lol

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I haven't been paying attention to the weather, but Dave's car said it was a nice and even 0 degrees tonight while we were sitting in the parking lot.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Its been -15 to -20 for days now. There is ice forming on the window and the trim :noes: :noes:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
It was 48 today and it was 32 this morning, I wish Ford put better heaters on these cars, at least the a/c is super strong and still blows super cold on normal setting in the high humidity and temps we see here. My Buick was the other way around, great heater, but so-so a/c. I'm fine with summer heat and humidity, but not cold.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
It was 48 today and it was 32 this morning, I wish Ford put better heaters on these cars, at least the a/c is super strong and still blows super cold on normal setting in the high humidity and temps we see here. My Buick was the other way around, great heater, but so-so a/c. I'm fine with summer heat and humidity, but not cold.
[/b]
= block heater plugged in

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
-7 this morning.

I had to buy a battery for the Taurus on thursday. My trunk popped open at some point and flattened it ... and froze it.

Thursday when I put the battery in I had the drive window down. Yesterday morning when I went to drive the car, the window was froze down, it was 0 out and my heater was taking its time to heat up.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts