Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sable started to behavior wierd lately. When I start the engine up in the morning, it misses idle badly and it feels like about to die. After running a while, idle and engine works just greatly with no problem as far as I can tell. The idle RPM stays at 8 at all time. Searched a little bit and it seems to relate several things: vaccume leak, IAC valve fault (won't this cause RPM to fluctuate?). BTW, I replaced plugs and wires a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any codes pop yet? I'm having the same issue with mine right now, and getting lean codes.
[/b]
It just poped a code P0303, cylinder 3 misfire.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any codes pop yet? I'm having the same issue with mine right now, and getting lean codes.
[/b]

I had lean codes and I wound up with a vacuum leak in the upper intake manifold gaskets.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Try replacing cylinder three Coil on Plug assembly.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I had lean codes and I wound up with a vacuum leak in the upper intake manifold gaskets.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Try replacing cylinder three Coil on Plug assembly.
[/b][/quote]

I don't have Coil on Plug. What I have is spark plug wire and coil pack.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a misfire at idle but no codes. Did the wires and plugs and it came back. Replaced the coil pack and seems to have fixed the problem. Your coil pack may be bad, but you can't tell even with resistance measures. My primary resistance readings were perfect. Secondaries were about the same as the new coil pack. go figure.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
im having the same problem with mine but it is only a slight misfire and it seems to hesitate when i quick WOT from a stop. i have replaced the plugs, wires, coil, and that module under the dizzy bit it only decreased the hesitation a little and the random misfire a little (so far no codes and no SES light)

is that normal idle and standard fuel injection hesitation?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (SurHaxalot @ Mar 5 2009, 03:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705761
im having the same problem with mine but it is only a slight misfire and it seems to hesitate when i quick WOT from a stop. i have replaced the plugs, wires, coil, and that module under the dizzy bit it only decreased the hesitation a little and the random misfire a little (so far no codes and no SES light)

is that normal idle and standard fuel injection hesitation?[/b]

It is apparent during normal idle. The engine hesitates when accelerates quickly sometimes as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts