Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Cold Air Intakes

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  FlamingTaco 
#1 ·
Im looking for cold air intakes to install on my 99 sable but i cant find any so im probably gonna get a draxas short ram air intake. Anybody know where i can find cold air intakes without making a custom one???
Also i removed the air intake tubing in my car all the way to the box even though i cut just over the resonator (it sounds DAM good by the way). Should i put some of it back in (the tube that connects the resonator to the air filter box)?
Also when u ppl say CAI u mean cold air intake right?

#2 ·
hey welcome to TCCA

umm draxas is probably one of the only places you can buy them i know that sablesal was going make and sell some but i do know how that i is going but i made mine out of a pice of drain pipe and it bolts right were the factory air box would go for $50 with the filter... not to hard... (cai is cold air intake )

mine ppl would call warm air cause it is still pulling air from in side the engine bay but i am ok with that... sounds good

#3 ·
I have everything needed to install my CAI but after Detroit Raver's experience and the deep ass water I have run through the last couple of days I am starting to have second thoughts.

I have the K&N Panel filter and I have about decided the CAI is just for bling.

Still trying to decide.

It rained so hard on me south of Oklahoma City this morning that I was driving 50MPH on an open interstate I just couldn't see 50 yards in front of me

Mike
B)

#6 ·
Originally posted by SHOZ123@Aug 20 2004, 10:48 PM
So why are you driving through deep ass water? Do you think your car will float???????
:lol2: ... well if its anything like what happened when my hubbie decided to run through deep water.... he didn't see it coming. it was raining so hard, and there was so much traffic around him that all of a sudden water was up to the bottom of the door. plus all the cars around him splashing the water everywhere. ugh.. just thinking about that day and the "phone call" :lol2: ...still makes me sick. :( i miss that car. its easy for me to decide about a CAI on my new car. Ford decided for me, by putting the stupid MAF sensor in the airbox. what were they thinking?

if you do decide to install yours, just don't drive it on really rainy days. mine was fine in the rain and in the winter. it was just that week of storms and a flooded road that decided to take my car from me. plus, mine was sooooooooo far down in the wheel well. it was sitting on the inside ledge on the bottom of the side panel. so just install yours up way farther!

#8 ·
Originally posted by SHOZ123@Aug 20 2004, 08:48 PM
So why are you driving through deep ass water? Do you think your car will float???????
You mean a Taurus won't float?

Mike
B)

#9 ·
Well it might for a while.... :)

FWIW I have my cone in the fender. The bottom of it rest just at the line where the plastic and steel meet. This is ~12" off the ground. Never had any water problems. If I drive into water that deep I'm not watching where I'm going and the bad luck is mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.