Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for an aftermarket upgrade/replacement for my 2002 taurus ses. It has the flex fuel engine, but i haven't been able to find anything for any of the 3.0 litre engines. Does anybody know of one that will fit or where i could find ones that will?

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
Your engine already has a cold air intake from the factory. Messing with the intake system will do nothing for performance or fuel economy.

·
Registered
227 Posts
A through the hood 8-71 supercharger would give a moderate increase in power and better fuel economy. Oh, and double NOZ!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read that changing the air intake is pointless, but I'm going to try it anyway. I've found an intake for the Ford ranger which should fit just fine, so I'll try swapping here soon. I will post updates on whether or not it makes any difference, and if it works for better or worse.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Your car already has a 'cold' air intake as it takes air from inside the fender. You can remove the baffle to make it sound a little better as far as a growl. The mistake some people make is to remove the factory air filter box and install a K&N type filter that takes air from under the hood so essentially becomes a 'hot' air intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts