Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anybody out there with some picture of a Vulcan Cold Air Intake setup

·
Registered
1 Posts
cold air intake question

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me find a k&n cold air intake kit for my 2002 SEL Taurus at a low cost. i would really appreciate the help :)

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me find a k&n cold air intake kit for my 2002 SEL Taurus at a low cost. i would really appreciate the help :)
Remove the intake snorkel and silencer assembly in the wheel well and just add a good disposable filter like a Mobil PureOne, the factory system will pass more air than your engine will ever need, so it's a good cold air setup already. A short intake with a filter open under the hood IS NOT a cold air intake, it's a warm air intake, which is worse. That K&N kinda stuff is over rated and over priced, not to mention that I have heard stories of reusable oiled filters fouling MAF sensors. And fancy air intakes don't add horsepower in any real amount that matters anyway. Save your money for other mods that matter.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already removed the silencer in the fender and it does have alittle growl I was looking for alittle more.

·
Registered
671 Posts
You'll find a ton of growl with a cone filter. If you aren't concerned with performance, you don't need to pipe it to your fender. It's easier that way.

·
Registered
111 Posts
if they want to see what a intake would look like for the early 2000's remember i got the intake on mine with a welded box in. its made from aluminum but is sprayed with heat resistent spray an also the black header paint. i also have a pipe running down to the ground so it has air to flow to the intake.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i should be able to upload a vid of mine later today "saturday feb 26th" i am also running a dual exhaust with 2 mufflers on mine, with 3rd cat delete an a red cherry bomb as a resinator. i am using flowmaster 40 series mufflers.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts