Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my CAI, built it using some free parts from a friend, one rubber elbow and a bunch of clamps! There are no real tight spots or sharp bends....it looks like the kit was made for the car! I figured it would look crappy, but I impressed myself.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yet to drive it.....i know im not gonna feel more power...CAI dont make a diffrence thats noticable, but it sounds good.

Brad

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice install! Looks good. Did you cut the flange off of the MAF?

I'm wondering if you will have problems with the MAF being so close to the TB. Maybe I'm thinking wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by Baby SHO@Jun 10 2004, 01:30 PM
yet to drive it.....i know im not gonna feel more power...CAI dont make a diffrence thats noticable, but it sounds good.

Brad
Two days ago it was 96 degrees here... my car couldnt even break the tires loose..... when usually i can chirp em pretty good and hard... i wonder if it will help in hotter weather?

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by NateNBeckie@Jun 10 2004, 02:31 PM
Nice install!  Looks good.  Did you cut the flange off of the MAF?

I'm wondering if you will have problems with the MAF being so close to the TB.  Maybe I'm thinking wrong.
MAF is cut. I have the flange if anyone wants it to make their own MAF adapter....you could epoxy a pipe to it. If anyone wants it just pm me and pay shipping.

As for the IAT you can see it if you look real close mounted to the back side of the MAF. I cut a hole, notched it snd the IAT sensor goes in like it was a factory location, does not affect flow or the maf reading at all.

Brad

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Can you show me where you added the IAC? Like some better pics of it? Thanks Brad

SABLESAL

B

·
0 Posts
Looks good! Having the MAF and IAT as close to the TB as possible is a bonus too.

S

·
0 Posts
Nice, I on the other hand were thinking on adding a PCV Grommet to the pipe to make it work, What do you all think? I'll let you all know how it goes.

PS I should have the parts in as soon as Friday.
Check out my thread
SABLESAL

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
What kind of pipe kit did you use? Or is the pipe custom fabricated?

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk@Jun 14 2004, 06:51 PM
What about the 3 hoses that kind of tap into the factory intake? Did you just plug them or what?
OH DEAR GOD NO! LOL Im replacing mine with all these neat filters. If not, Im adding them in to the pipe. Not sure how Brad did his... but we will soon find out

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
That hose is stretched more than a Vietnamese prostitute on an Army base. :D :blink: :ph34r:

Looks pretty decent, nie job. B)

1 - 20 of 285 Posts