Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to the Taurus Car Club and hope that it is as nice as the one I just left. I sold my 90Thunderbird but still have ties to the TCCoA. I bought a 97 Taurus with the 3.0 Vulcan Automatic. I went to get it emissioned ( I hate Arizona ) and they said that I have two codes :p0443 and P0455. They should be if I am correct Evap Valve Cir. and Evap System Leak ( Minor Leak ). I was just wondering if anyone has ever had these codes and if so what was needed to fix them or where to look for the information. I know my way around cars of pre OBD1 but am just getting into OBD2 so I need a jumpstart. Any help would be most welcomed.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think these are the "Check the gas cap and see if it's tight" codes. You may have a little bit of vaccum hose damage or something, you'll just have to crawl around and check.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
the EVAP canister is the black box located directly underneath the spare tire well below the trunk. Look for a crack in the rubber vapor lines from the gas tank to the EVAP canister. There is a green cap in the engine bay that indicates the leak test port for te EVAP system; the cap is on the passenger side of the engine bay, located right in front of te firewall near the EEC. The codes don't offer any real help as to what to fix. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I just replaced my gas cap. It was faulty, and caused a code. P0443, IIRC.

I HIGHLY recommend you buy a Stant replacement gas cap. The produce the OEM caps for many manufacturers. Some of the other brands do not fit as well, and fail the pressure test when they are brand new..... I've tested this at my friends state inspection shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts