Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way that i can disable the coded key for a 2001 taurus so i can use the dollar key from the locksmith. My friend has a 1998 mustang with it and wants to get rid of the key because it is such a pain in the neck, especially if you only have one key. Only the dealer can program it. another 40 on top of the 30 for the key.
Thanks

G

·
not where I live, I went into the dealership and asked to have a key made he was like here you go and handed me a blank key and I than said that I had to be somewhere that day and I told him I would be back tommorow and than they programmed my key for $40

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I don't think you can disable it. It sucks going to the dealer, but they're the only ones that can do it if you only have one key. They totally ripped us off for a second key to our Windstar. $110 for one key.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Wow... my dad got some spare keys made for his 00 windstar for $20/piece at the dealership (including programming which is IIRC just inserting a new unprogrammed key in within 20 seconds of taking out a programmed key).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts