Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2004 Taurus, 3.0 Vulcan. It studders and acts like it doesn't want to accelerate. Especially with the AC on, but does it intermitantly either way. It basically started when we started getting the warm temperatures and started using the AC. Did a code check and came up with PO353 ( Ignition Coil C Primary/ Secondary Circuit)
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance. Mike

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Was the check engine light flashing? If the car was stuttering and you were getting an ignition coil code then it was misfiring, and it's a spark misfire. Every time there's a spark misfire, raw fuel is dumped into the exhaust and into your cats, and the cats do not like raw fuel at all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just thought I'd update. Took the coil pack to a local mechanic to have it bench tested and checked out ok, as far as the ohms. took it back home and put it back on, making sure all plug wires and connector were inserted good. Cleared the code. Started it and drove it for quite a few miles bringing it up to temperature. Seemed to run fine and rechecked for codes, none. The only thing I can think of is maybe I had a bad connection. The mechanic did say that one of the coils may have an intermitant short, that may just act up every so often. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Thanks Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts