Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 Ford Taurus (108k miles) has the check engine light on and it shows the P0401 code. It's running totally fine. From what I've researched, I don't have the "trench" that the older model 3.0L had to clean out. I could not get the lower nut off on the EGR valve (difficult to reach behind the engine) and I don't actually think its the EGR. I suspect the DPFE sensor. What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Sage

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just a helpful tip when doing ANY Ford DPFE sensor
BUY THE OEM MOTORCRAFT ONE
Motorcraft DPFE15 is $61 delivered from Amazon.com, I'd trust it over anything from Standard motor, BWD/Airtex, or a parts house brand
While your there......
REPLACE THE HOSES!
They're inexpensive, can cause a vacuum leak, crumble with age, or collapse internally under suction.

Pick either Dorman 46019 or Standard Motor Products M40001
You can't just use plain rubber hose. These are high temp rated, and will last the course.
Under $10 when doing the DPFE, it's just common sense IMO.

·
Registered
22,587 Posts
^ sagebrush07, +1 on swapping out the dpfe. Either a Motorcraft from Rockauto online, or a Borg-Warner (BWD) from Advance Auto or O'Reilly. BWD part# EGR631 unless you have the bolt-on gen3 style (EGR155). ^ Mike, no vacuum on the dpfe hoses, but yes, if they're damaged, replace 'em with the proper heat resistant silicone hoses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great thanks guys; I'll swap out the DPFE and check for hoses this weekend. Thanks for the quick replies; I'll let you know how it goes.

Sage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts