Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Code P1336

9K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Bigdogg2830 
#1 ·
I had code P1336 today. I checked online and found the following info:

HTML:
P1336 Crankshaft and camshaft sensors out of sync
If you get this code, the first thing to check is your distributor especially if you have an imported vehicle. Look for signs of oil in the distributor which can contaminate the signals being monitored by the ecm (engine computer).Check also the wiring leading to the distributor and see if the wires are properly insulated away from hot exhaust which could burn the wires. Do these checks also on the crank sensor itself whether it is located in the front of the engine or at the flywheel at the rear of the engine. Ditto for the cam sensor.

On engine with distributor, the cam sensor is usually located in the distributor and it will give you a lot of grief if not properly align and synchronize with the crank sensor. On some applications (like Ford), an alignment tool is required which is can be bought from your local parts store (cost about $31). If you install the distributor without proper timing, it will still run but the mileage will suffer and the above code showing up. For more details, please contact ATS.

HTML:
Yes, I changed synchronizer and sensor in January this year. I did not use alignment tool but I did follow the instruction from this forum. It has been 9 months and also has over 3000 miles on it without any problems. Now this code comes. I eliminated code this morning, but it came back a a few minutes later. What should I do now? HEALP:(

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.