Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son in law's Taurus has been sitting for several months due to an acceleration problem. I charged the battery and started it. It ran.. but, the acceleration was sluggish with a delayed response. Pulled the codes and got PO351 and P1401. Tried to move it and it would only do 5 mph floored. Changed the coil and plugs while I had the intake off and it ran even worse. Double checked the pack to cylinder wiring and it was correct. The oil probably hasn't been changed in a decade knowing him. It almost seems like timing is out. I plan on changing the oil and replacing the cam sensor. Anyone out there that has had the same symptoms...I'd appreciate your input.

·
Registered
833 Posts
For the p1401, most likely a bad a dpfe sensor, least of the worries. The p0350 or 351, you wrote both, you're going to have to have the wiring tested between the pcm and the coil. If the coil is new, and the wiring is good, then most likely a bad pcm. I'd help with the wiring testing but I haven't been on fmcdealer in a few months. signal voltage, reference voltage, ground, one or two other signals have to be tested at the coil with known good voltage, if something is found bad, then the wire checked, if the wire is ok, the pcm is not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.