Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do white numbers with blue needles. Stupid question, it looks like the needle itself is red, while also being backlit, but is it in reality just a red bulb? I'd love to change them all over if possible. I have a 2005 Taurus SE. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks Guys, Jman

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
The needle is in fact red and the bulb is white. In order to do what you want, you need to figure out how to either get a clear or blue needle. The needle might already be clear, but if it is, there is a red filter somewhere. As mentioned in the other post, there is no dedicated bulb to light the needle. This might be tricky, though not impossible. If you are handy with electronics and can figure out how to add a bulb for the needle and block the light from other bulbs, you might be in business.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oddly enough, it was this exact post that made me skeptical about what I anticipated having to do. It seemed alot more specific and difficult to do what I'm wanting to after reading this post. Thanks for the link though!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, I'm not too handy with small-scale electronics. I do know a few people though who are. If I found a blue needle that'd solve my problem, since the white LEDs would light it and it'd show blue.

Now, the question is, does anyone know places that sell needles that would fit the stock guages on my 05 SE?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts