Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done searches for this and get mixed results. what later model clusters are interchangable with the 96 model cars? ive got a 3.0 sable gs and found a cluster from a later generation tec taurus just wonderin if it could be made to work since it actually matches my interior and jsut plain looks better.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
Yes all gen 3 and gen 4 clusters are interchangeable. I have a '96 GL and my speedo only went to 110..I thought that was kind of dumb, so I installed a '99 duratec cluster which I also thinks looks better, plus the speedo goes to 120 like most normal cars do.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Yes all gen 3 and gen 4 clusters are interchangeable. I have a '96 GL and my speedo only went to 110..I thought that was kind of dumb, so I installed a '99 duratec cluster which I also thinks looks better, plus the speedo goes to 120 like most normal cars do.
They are interchangeable, but the one difference (the low wiper fluid & the high beam light) swapped places between the Gen 3 and 4, so if you click on highbeams in your Gen 3 using a Gen 4 cluster, you'll have your low washer fluid light kick on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
ok thanks guys. jseems if you cut the traces on the pcb then ran some jumpers from the high beam trace to the low washer fluid socket and vice versa it should fix that issue.
and while im in there i can add a few RGBs and a pcb of my own concoction with a set of 555s and ad5220s sprinkle in a bit of elven magic and viola adjustable color instrument cluster.
now i just gotta get the time and few extra bucks to go get that cluster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts