Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I go over a bump, I hear a clunk in my front end, that sounds like it's coming from the left side. I haven't lifted the car up, but on the ground, the suspension seems tight (there doesn't seem to be any movement in the wheel when I grab it and try to shake it), and pushing down on that corner produces little to no bounce or movement period.

So my first guess, if my suspension is, indeed, tight, is probably something in the subframe (maybe a bushing?). The question is this: Will it eventually let go and cause a catastrophe? Or can I drive it like this for the foreseeable future? In other words, is it a danger, or an annoyance?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Every time I go over a bump, I hear a clunk in my front end, that sounds like it's coming from the left side. I haven't lifted the car up, but on the ground, the suspension seems tight (there doesn't seem to be any movement in the wheel when I grab it and try to shake it), and pushing down on that corner produces little to no bounce or movement period.

So my first guess, if my suspension is, indeed, tight, is probably something in the subframe (maybe a bushing?). The question is this: Will it eventually let go and cause a catastrophe? Or can I drive it like this for the foreseeable future? In other words, is it a danger, or an annoyance?

Thanks!
Sway bar links are the first to go. By 100K highly likely they are on the way out. Not very costly, can be changed in the drive way but need to jack up both sides to check or change.

-chart-

·
Registered
9 Posts
Knock on bumps

Bull had this too. They checked and had to remove these posts atop some suspension stuff that had rusted r seized up. They had to saw them thru n replace them. I’m in the south n they asked right away has this car been up north n I had tried t move t pecksburgh overmatching the winter n then moved back.
I’m saving t replace the Other ball joint, now, n t replace a trunk gasket n eval n the tranny. Willow creek transmissions came recommended but I reached out online n got no response. Maybe none because I fessed up that I didn’t have an expert eval the tranny.
Long live the Taurus! Did I see an ad for the 2018? Is ford keeping the Taurus after all?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
ice445
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing