Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

ENTRANTS: DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
some people might not like the chin spoiler or rear spoiler on my car but i do and thats why i put them on cause i like them. he likes all the chrome, someone else likes a murdered out car and etc...... just vote for the car that you like in the contest for this month and leave it at that.

·
Premium Member
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
Guys. Grow up.

We're not in kindergarten anymore.

Seriously? Yeah, maybe it wasn't nice for him to say that, but please, who cares? It's a car, its a contest, and its on the interent. Please people, it's not a big deal. He didn't attack you saying 'you should go to hell because you modded your car like that'. He said it's ugly and shouldn't have 4 votes'. Okay, big deal. He gave his opinion.

I'm going to be completely honest here. It's perfectly okay to say you don't like someones car. Most of us are adults and can handle criticism. What people seem to forget is that this is a FORUM on the INTERNET. Members here are much better to each other than other forums I must say, but guys, just think about it.

What's NOT okay is to say it in a way that druges them through the dirt. What Belcher said was on that line, but it really isn't that big of a deal. If you like your car architech, thats all that matters and you know it.

I feel like I'm preaching to little kids.

SO NO MORE ON THIS PLEASE. Let's get back to normal voting and normal discussion.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
Guys. Grow up.

We're not in kindergarten anymore.

Seriously? Yeah, maybe it wasn't nice for him to say that, but please, who cares? It's a car, its a contest, and its on the interent. Please people, it's not a big deal. He didn't attack you saying 'you should go to hell because you modded your car like that'. He said it's ugly and shouldn't have 4 votes'. Okay, big deal. He gave his opinion.

I'm going to be completely honest here. It's perfectly okay to say you don't like someones car. Most of us are adults and can handle criticism. What people seem to forget is that this is a FORUM on the INTERNET. Members here are much better to each other than other forums I must say, but guys, just think about it.

What's NOT okay is to say it in a way that druges them through the dirt. What Belcher said was on that line, but it really isn't that big of a deal. If you like your car architech, thats all that matters and you know it.

I feel like I'm preaching to little kids.

SO NO MORE ON THIS PLEASE. Let's get back to normal voting and normal discussion.
On that note... I HATE your sable, it's dumb :p kidding

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Good for you Josh. I'm not liking it much anymore either.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I knew I would open myself to flaming for that comment, but it is MY opinion, just as it is his car. We all have our opinion of tasteful mods and that crossed my line.

Anyhow - welcome to the internet. And its America - I WILL say what I choose. If you don't like it, continue to the next post. Its only a few pixels away.

·
Premium Member
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Lol 'it's only a few pixels away'. WHAT IF I HAVE A SCREEN RES OF 1 MILLION X 1 MILLION? Then its a lot of pixels away!

You will say what you want....... to an extent... remember about the mod (mod squad as one forum called them)! Oh, and me... gotta get through me. That ain't easy. So we are a bit more harsh in what we tolerate here than most car forums, but it isn't that bad.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Lol 'it's only a few pixels away'. WHAT IF I HAVE A SCREEN RES OF 1 MILLION X 1 MILLION? Then its a lot of pixels away!

You will say what you want....... to an extent... remember about the mod (mod squad as one forum called them)! Oh, and me... gotta get through me. That ain't easy. So we are a bit more harsh in what we tolerate here than most car forums, but it isn't that bad.
First - I want your screen if you have that good of resolution. LOL.
Second - I guess I am just more harsh than some people like.

I will admit to liking chrome on some vehicles, for example a Gen 5 or Gen 6. It looks OK on those. It looks awesome on classic cars. (Someone said that blacking out cars is a younger guy thing... Model T only came in ALL BLACK. lol) But I just think there is doing something classy and then there is overdoing it.

If anyone got butthurt over my comment, my sincerest attempt at an apology. I tend to not have the best brain filter. But I know that 90% of the time, I don't stand alone on an opinion.

And this isn't unusual behavior for me. I give out compliments when I feel they're deserved, but I have expressed my distaste for other mods as well. This isn't the first time nor will it be the last. :)

:flamethrowing:

·
Premium Member
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Haha.....

Just toss'n a completely absurd monkey wrench into the convo.....

Figured as long as it derailed to the point it had, might as well really throw it for a loop.

:toilet_claw:

Oh, and ALL the ladies in my life are doing just perfectly, including my Wife.

:bananahump:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Are those digital or is it still analog for the speedo?
The speedo is analog the rest is within 2 LCD displays to each side of the speedo. The tach works very well, I was a bit put off at first but it has grown on me.

·
Registered
259 Posts
That's hauntingly sexy.
Thanks, I love the way the tuxedo black goes with the sun. I am going to remove the front plate, people have asked me how I like my SHO and I have to explain it's the Limited, not the SHO but I can see why they get confused.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Spedo is analog, but all the other gauges are digital. I don't like it because the tach is small, difficult to read precisely, and laggy. Basically it's just a decoration now (you can have something else there if you want).
Hmmm, I gave this a lot of thought before responding, I even went out to the car to double check so I'm accurate in my response. I can only speak about mine, the tach is almost always quick in response, there are times it might lag just a tad but it's not that often. If I had an SHO it might bother me more but in the Limited it works fine.

I personally think if they were going to use LCD's then they should have been larger, who knows maybe next year or the year after they'll listen.

My biggest gripe is about the Navigation CPU speed, it needs to be faster and the maps more accurate.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I don't know, the fifth gens are growing on me. I was just looking at a 2008 Sable Premier online and I really liked it. White, of course. They're not great lookers from the side, and the Sable is a little weird with that massive decklid and HUGE Mercury logo, but it's not a bad car.

The G4 is one of the best looking cars from the side. That curve adds a muscular look to it. Especially from a certain angle.
My wife had a 2008 Sable Premier (Like the Taurus Limited), it rode like a dream, got good mpg and didn't look like everything else on the road. :)

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
Hmmm, I gave this a lot of thought before responding, I even went out to the car to double check so I'm accurate in my response. I can only speak about mine, the tach is almost always quick in response, there are times it might lag just a tad but it's not that often. If I had an SHO it might bother me more but in the Limited it works fine.
They might be better now if they updated the display software to improve the lag and refresh rate. I just don't like digital displays that don't have any smoothing applied. And yes, the tach would be much better if they could make it 3" tall on a larger display. I know most people don't really look at or care much about a tachometer these days, but personally I look at mine all the time when I'm accelerating as part of my driving strategy to get the trans to shift when I want and so I know what gear I'm in. My first car didn't have a tach and I absolutely hated it. The digital displays have potential, but you can't display very many gauges as once. I would love something like this:

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,091 Posts
I wouldn't buy a car without a tach. Even before I'd driven my brothers 5-speed Accord everywhere for a while, I always preferred cars with them.

Come to think of it, the last car we had without one wasn't even the daily driver, it was the '85 6000 that was the 'eh, we'll drive it today' car.

61 - 80 of 150 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.