Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past year I have been getting a strange clicking noise coming from under my dash on the passenger side near the firewall. It is somehow related to my Temprature control. It use to only do it every once in a while (I typically don't move the temprature from the Sub Zero Setting ;)) but the other day I moved it just to check if the clicking was still there and now it's in all positions except just above Sub Zero. I can't tell if it's a motor or switch problem

Any idea's what it could be?

BTW I'm running the Gen3 '97 GL (Vulcan).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Does it make the noise at all times or just when the climate control fan is running?

If answer is only when fan is running I am thinking that something is caught in the fan assembly (such as a piece of paper, leaf, etc...) rubbing against the fan as it is turning

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I beleive I found the problem.. After prying my big butt under the dash and moving the temprature control knob so I could hear the clicking I found a lever which was attached to a white box under the dash.

After doing some researching on the part number F7DH-19E616-AA I found it only through my local Ford Dealer (not online anywhere I can find) as an Air Blend Door Motor. Runs about $60.00...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. I took the 'Air Blend Door Motor' out (behind the cigarette lighter), took it apart and sure enough one of the gears was stripped out, some of the teeth had broken off. I contacted a Ford dealer and they identified it as part# XF1Z19E616CA. I ordered a new one on amazon for about $33. (http://amzn.com/B000CJ24IU). Works like a charm!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Yes, that's common fault after some 10 years. See mine - stripped right at the gear (top part) connected to the worm gear:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts