Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I have Taurus 2014 Limited and i want to change Engine oil so i thought that i want to clean the interior engine
by flush oil ( Liqui Moly ) and change oil and filter.

i have these questions
is that good ?
is that safe for the Engine ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Abdulla,
Before using a flush, look into the valve covers through the oil filler and through the PCV grommet. Also look at the stick. If there is no evidence of sludge, varnish, dirtiness, etc, I would not bother flushing it.

I am a big believer in 4 month / 4000 Mile oil and filter changes, even for normal driving. If you drive a lot of local trips, idle the car for long periods of time or are in a desert environment with sand, dirty air, etc, then follow the "Severe Service" schedule listed in the maintenance schedule of your owner's manual.

If you use good oil and change the oil and filter frequently, you should not need a flush agent.

·
Registered
11,675 Posts
Hi Abdulla,
Before using a flush, look into the valve covers through the oil filler and through the PCV grommet. Also look at the stick. If there is no evidence of sludge, varnish, dirtiness, etc, I would not bother flushing it.

I am a big believer in 4 month / 4000 Mile oil and filter changes, even for normal driving. If you drive a lot of local trips, idle the car for long periods of time or are in a desert environment with sand, dirty air, etc, then follow the "Severe Service" schedule listed in the maintenance schedule of your owner's manual.

If you use good oil and change the oil and filter frequently, you should not need a flush agent.
Pic of '03 back in '19 ~195K miles. Car just went to JY at 199K, engine fine but rust taking a toll. Average oil changes, Walmart conventional oil. My '03 Sable wagon at 170K looks clean also. Modern oils even if not premium with clean burning engine systems do not make sludge. Key: if the PCV is kept working, sludge is a thing of the past.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Combined with very clean burning engines. I have had problems with PCV valves not working right, and aftermarket are really bad. My Buick Lucerne does not have a PCV valve.
-chart-
I have never in 30 years of owning Taurus with Vulcan engines have had to change the PCV valves. Only issue was the elbow getting soft and letting in air.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Abdulla,

Thank you very much bro, it is good advice for me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts