Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the JY has a set of power seats from a 99 Sable that match my interior, and even have power lumbar support, in working condition, for $10 each.

The car basically looks like it was between two semi's that hit head on, but the seats are not damaged at all, minus this one problem.

Now, heres the catch:

Driver side is completely soaked through in blood, and looks like it has dryed decayed organ chunks on it.
Passenger is just covered in blood

Can that be cleaned?....

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
:slap: -1 for even thinking about using seats that someone died in.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I can recall countless movie lines that go something like "awww, nothing get's blood out." I think those seats are perma-ruined.

Little morbid, too. I don't think I'd ever want seats THAT bad. :noes:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Yeah...$10 and blood & guts isn't worth it, when you can get a set of decent seats for about $200 for someone on here. Hell, I'm selling my half leather/half cloth seats from my Gen III.

JR

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
:blink: :blink:

Didn't Mythbusters try something similar with the corvette ...and failed to get all the "dead" out?

$10 not worth being haunted by the previous owners .... no night time driving :)

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Dude, holy ****, what the hell is wrong with you?
You honestly want to use seats that people died on?
You have no qualms at all about that?
damn...

One of the things that I seriously do respect at the junkyard is blood.
I mean, hell, that was someone's car and its probably very likely that they DIED in it. Or at least were seriously injured.
Cripes, my yard sells seats for $90 for a whole set, and if you can catch the guy on the right day sometimes its even cheaper.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:slap: -1 for even thinking about using seats that someone died in.
[/b]
Why? If the could be cleaned it wouldn't matter.

Guess that idea is a no go then.

$10 not worth being haunted by the previous owners .... no night time driving :)
[/b]
Didn't notice that a few min ago, but that'd be funny. 80% of my driving is at night.

·
michelle
1,364 Posts
Explaining to your girlfriend/wife/friend/whatever about the stains on the seats would definitely ruin the mood.

I really don't think it would be worth it, especially since this is just an upgrade and you don't need seats right now. Just keep an eye out for other seats.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ick. I would look for some other sets of seats.... Blood and organ chunks? ick.
[/b]
Well, I would only use them if I could get them clean.

Explaining to your girlfriend/wife/friend/whatever about the stains on the seats would definitely ruin the mood.

I really don't think it would be worth it, especially since this is just an upgrade and you don't need seats right now. Just keep an eye out for other seats.
[/b]
It was just tempting because the JY wants $250 for a set, and $20 for those would have been a great price.

Sarcasm: I do have a set of seat covers...

·
Registered
799 Posts
Aw come on, we could play CSI cleaning these seats! I'll bring the blacklight....

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I guess I'm hardened to being around dead people and gore working in an ER.... but I don't see a problem as long as you could get the seats cleaned.... but with a massive amount of blood and guts dumped on the seat, I doubt you'll ever get them completely cleaned. And who says they have to be evil spirits? What if they are good spirits and look out for you? Used cloth seats are nasty anyway... think of all the sweat, farts, and ass stench left behind. Mmmmm, **** particulate. I'd rather have a seat of cleaned bloody seats than a set of "clean" used seats.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Used cloth seats are nasty anyway... think of all the sweat, farts, and ass stench left behind. Mmmmm, **** particulate. I'd rather have a seat of cleaned bloody seats than a set of "clean" used seats.
[/b]
Much like that office chair you highly avoid at your work. ewwwwwwwww.... :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Much like that office chair you highly avoid at your work. ewwwwwwwww.... :lol:
[/b]

That chair IS possessed by evil spirits.... processed broccoli and cheese emanated from the bowels of an over worked, under paid, menopausal fat secretary. :blink:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
OMFG!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
That chair IS possessed by evil spirits.... processed broccoli and cheese emanated from the bowels of an over worked, under paid, menopausal fat secretary. :blink: [/b]
:bowrofl:

There's a couple of those where I work...

:puke:

·
Registered
257 Posts
thats wicked gross. the secertary thing that is....

just get those gore seats blessed by a priest, use some hydrogen peroxide and the blood (and ghosts) will come right out

1 - 20 of 61 Posts