Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I just sold my old car and, as part of the deal, i got a Kenwood cd/mp3 headunit. The guy said he would install it for me but seemed kinda baffled at the idea of the RCU being in the trunk and said he never had done a Taurus before.

So since Circuit City is closed and I need to give him an answer first thing tomorrow, how much does Circuit City charge for an installation of a stereo you did not buy at their store? I'm clueless when it comes to car audio, otherwise I'd do it myself.

Thanks!
Dave

·
Registered
324 Posts
I belive you have to have an installation kit for a taurus which can be anywhere from $30 to $70, a taurus is no more difficult than any other car for installation when you have the (mandatory) kit. It may even be easier than most cars when you have the installation kit because you are just plugging things up, not much actual technical skill involved. If he'll install it for free, just buy the kit and give it to him, he should be able to figure it out. I'm sure circuit city's price is a little higher than it ought to be.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Best Buy was going to do me out of 150 bucks to do the install. So I said no thanks, and did it my damn self... Took me about 4 hours or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts