Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
I've always liked them better than BestBuy.

Sad to see :(

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
I wonder how this works now, here in Canada they purchased the Radiosshack brand and converted them all to "The Source" by Circuit City, I would assume that it would affect these stores as well..

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
You are correct.

I've known about this for about a week, I learned about it during my vacation in NC (Called my other coworker to find out which day I came back to work, and he gave me the bad news :( ), which kind of put me in a bummer position... :(

Anyway... This sucks mostly because, I have 1 more semester of college. My plan was, Finish college here in freezing Illinois, find a job in NC, get a job in NC, then put my 2 week in at Circuit City, move to somewhere in NC (Nowhere specific, just want to live there again, preferably by the coast, but I would settle in the Triad area if a good job was found there too)

Currently, I am a firedog technician. Which is the Geek Squad equivalent (But way better). As a technician, I ALWAYS valued someones privacy. I've worked for Geek Squad in the past, but I could not stand the ethics they had. If a tech noticed a hot girl brought a computer in, they'd go snoop around their hard drive for pictures. I could not stand that. Geek Squad used unauthorized tools and software (Even programs to get around Windows Activation, if that meant we got money for an OS Install, whatever it took). Managers and other techs did not value the customer or their privacy.

firedog (At least, my store), we valued a customer's privacy. The ONLY time I snooped though files was during data backups/migrations, with customer permission, but I never opened, copied, or saved anything the customer had to my own private drive. Also, we only used approved software, while this did hurt us, it was the ethical thing to do. Much programs out there are only free for PERSONAL use. Not commercial use. If we had a license to use it, I'd use it. (Such as Norton, Spysweeper, PC Tools, Etc) A good technician knows how to make the best of their tools, I did so with mine.

Now, I will be honest, Circuit City had this coming for years. The much negative bad images and such in the past hurt them. CC has an internal forum we used, and I even warned them. They began to do everything right, but they failed to do one thing. Bring back customers by reaching out to them. Oh well...

Now to find a new job. :(

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've always liked them better than BestBuy.

Sad to see :(
[/b]
Me too. I hate Best Buy. Employees are idiots and rude. Customer service is a joke, prices suck. Circuit City is way better, complete opposite.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Really sucks that another big company is going out. But they had it coming for a long time.

Truth be told, there is TOO MUCH RETAIL. We need some manufacturing jobs.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
sucks to see as i hate best buy also and the fact that around here tweeter went out of business also. so best buy is the only story around here besides little shops for car audio.. i was upset for a while that i got let go (i was a Roadshop installer) but now i look at it as wow glad i found a job a while back when the economy wasn't as bad and have one now..

ryan

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sucks to see as i hate best buy also and the fact that around here tweeter went out of business also. so best buy is the only story around here besides little shops for car audio.. i was upset for a while that i got let go (i was a Roadshop installer) but now i look at it as wow glad i found a job a while back when the economy wasn't as bad and have one now..

ryan
[/b]
exactly I was let go to...but now i'm glad that I am because I have a stable job.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Stopped in today at Circuit City and found that pretty much everything in the store is 10% off to start with. This could mean I end up buying the HD video camera I've been looking for.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
This sucks, I can't stand Best Buy and there isn't really anywhere else to go for the kind of products they carry around here.

I guess I'll be ordering more stuff online now... :glare:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I stopped today to see what kind of deal they had on the Taurus aftermarket radio bracket and they were 30% off. Even with 30% off, it was $70 for the thing which was normally $100. I knew I could get a better deal else where so I decided to pass.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Well, now I am no longer a firedog technician. Now acting as the Loss Prevention dude.

Standing all day in one spot sucks. My feet hate me a the moment :(

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, now I am no longer a firedog technician. Now acting as the Loss Prevention dude.

[/b]
so did they disband firedog before the store closings? That sucks....have you given thoughts to any other jobs?

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
so did they disband firedog before the store closings? That sucks....have you given thoughts to any other jobs?
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, firedog is pretty much done for :(

We still have computers that have been completed and need to be picked up, however - We are no longer accepting computers :(

Like I've said, I'd rather find a job in NC, so I am not seeking a career yet in IL, however - I am looking into a job with Comcast. Everyone I've known who worked at Comcast tells me it was a good place to work :)

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Are you at the Schaumburg CC store? If so, that really sucks, since it was one of the few NW suburban stores that didn't get shuttered before the holidays. I wonder if Circuit City's purchase protection plans for cameras, etc. are no good anymore. My sister has an Olympus with one of those plans attached.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you at the Schaumburg CC store? If so, that really sucks, since it was one of the few NW suburban stores that didn't get shuttered before the holidays. I wonder if Circuit City's purchase protection plans for cameras, etc. are no good anymore. My sister has an Olympus with one of those plans attached.
[/b]
don't worry, their protection plans are still backed...this is from their website http://www.circuitcity.com/closed.html

* No. Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans® (extended warranties) have been backed by third-party independent companies for more than 15 years and as a result, are not impacted by Circuit City's closing.
* Currently, all Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans are fully backed by the Assurant Solutions companies. Assurant Solutions operates as Federal Warranty Service Corporation, Sureway, Inc., and United Service Protection, Inc. Assurant Solutions is part of Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ), and its extended service contacts are backed by an Assurant insurance subsidiary rated A "Excellent" by A.M. Best Co.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts