Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cigerette lighter doesnt work to well so i planned on putting in one that had 4 out lets...and i was going to cut the wires from the stock one and wirer in the 4 outlet one...but there is a yellow wire and a light blue with a white stripe wire that go into the same thing not sure of the purpose of 2 wires in the same place but o well...then there looks to be a big ground like 2 seperate black wirers coming together and plugging into the outside part of the lighter....o and the yellow and light blue on plugs right into the center of the lighter...so whats + and - because the 4 outlet one only has 2 wirers and the stock one has 4....which wirers go where

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
One of the wires should be bigger. This would be the one you want. The other is for the light.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 2 ( the yellow and blue with white stripe) plug into the center. the other one ( looks like 2 black wirers that come together) plug into the outside steel shield like thing. the 2 black ones are the biggest and the other 2 are the same size...and what light?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Don't know what the yellow wire is. It is not in the Ford diagrams. The two black are the grounds and the light should be a dark blue and white wire. The light blue and with wire is the one you want.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what ones are + and - becuase thats all i need to hook this other thing up. i just need to know which ones are + and -

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Obviously you did not pay attention to my post which told you which ones were grounds. So why should I tell you again in this post?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
umm ok...so can the ground work as a - and witch one is + the blue one? i dont think you really have answered my question or mybe you have but can you just say + is this...and - is this..sry im not the best electrician in the world just wanted some help

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Don't know what the yellow wire is. It is not in the Ford diagrams. The two black are the grounds and the light should be a dark blue and white wire......[/b]
If you read the above statement the grounds are the two black wires. Take your pick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts