Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is another question from echarles lol. i did search and an answer did not satisfy me lol. my cigarette lighter does not work. the power port under it does but not the lighter. i had the dash apart and i checked the connection and blew out the embers, i guess, from the socket but still no work. first thing i did when i got the car was check fuse and it is good. i don't smoke i don't need it but i am anal and if it is there i would like it to work and i could use it for another power port, anyone know why it not working am i missing something? if i have to replace it could i replace it with a power port instead of a lighter? thanx oo ya 2001 taurus se

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Is there 12V at the socket? Maybe the element is burnt out.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Did you check the socket with a multimeter or 12v device (cell phone power cord, inverter or something similar) or are you judging by the lighter not heating up? If you've got power but the lighter is not getting warm, you need to replace the lighter. I think they're pretty generic and available at Wal-mart for a few dollars.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did check it with external pwer cord to my gps and it did not work. something must be burnt out in it somewhere. i will have to bye a new unit. not in any hurry cuz i don't smoke.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
When I burned out mine, there were 2 fuses blown(I only replaced one thinking it would work). I forgot what number the other fuse was... Took me a whole night to figure it out. I took out the socket. I tried to find a replacement gave up and put it back in then I physically started looking at all the fuses and walla another fuse was burnt. Replaced it and it worked again...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts