Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little confused as to what is going on. Car runs fine with no lights in my dash. When I plug an adapter into the cigarette lighter, the light will come on ON the Adapter but then when I try to plug it into something, no power is sent through. I have tried two different adapters so I know it is not that I have a bad adapter. Any Ideas? I recently had electrical problems that shorted out two fuses including the big fuse between the Battery and Alternator. When I tried searching for a fuse, I had no luck.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No Ideas? I was hoping it would be as simple as a fuse since I need this working for my trip back to school in a week (ten hours) to keep my iPod charged

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My iPod charges fine through my computer as does my phone. I am thinking that when I was having electrical trouble which was frying fuses, maybe my two car chargers got fried as well. I have a replacement coming in a couple days that I'll try. If that doesn't work, its something with my car

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
If the light is coming on when you plug the adapter into the cigarette lighter, then the problem is not the lighter. It has power.
Agreed 100%

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would having a 20A fuse in a 10A slot be bad? Or is it fine as long as you have a fuse rated higher than what you will be running through it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.