Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neither one work. Checked fuse 13 for cigarette lighter and it's good, same for fuse 18 power port. Anyone have an idea on what to look for.

My son is taking the Sable to Texas, and I'd like for him to use the GPS. The Sable is a 2001 LS.

Any ideas on how to get the radio to come loose. I have the tools to stick in the holes, but only the right side pulls out.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Some lighter plugs do not properly engage the connection in the socket. I have not had any issues like that in Fords, but my Dad's Dakota doesn't work with some car chargers.

For the radio, make sure the toll is inserted all the way, and pull them away from each other as you pull the radio out.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The GPS isn't getting power in either the cigarette lighter or power port socket. I really need to check with a volt meter.

As far as getting the radio out, the right side unlocks and pulls out, but the right side won't unlock. It's like the ball on the end of the tool just slip out of the locks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had a similar problem with mine. I believe it was a short, but a corroded one or really high resistance somewhere.
the cigerette lighter didnt work, for about a week, no blown fuse, then my battery started dying occasionally.
it would start on a jump, but wouldn't continue to run for long. I eventually removed the fuse, and reconnected my cigerette lighter and power plugs to accessory power, cause I didnt wanna hunt wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts