Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
i would test the fuse box and see if you are getting power to location 13. then ohms test the fuse. after you pull the fuse push the metal back into the plastic case. there might be a break in the fuse that only shows when its pushed in.
if you dont get power to the fuse box then its somewhere else

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That will be a task for next weekend. Ill let you know what goes on next weekend if i get the chance.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Check fuse #18 under the hood if you haven't done so. This is for the auxiliary power point (the socket for accessories such as a cell phone charger).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i just checked 18 its good. i have mest with the wires and everything i dont get anything out of it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Have you tried plugging something else in the sockets to verify that it is a problem with the power to them rather than a bad charger?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i fixed it i had and bad wire that i over looked. its working on with a charger but the one for my phone went out.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
i fixed it i had and bad wire that i over looked. its working on with a charger but the one for my phone went out.
OK, good find, fix & feedback. would be interesting to hear on which end of the wire run the problem was & what the break looked like, you know a clean break, broken strands under the insulation, chaffed, ect, in case it's something others should look out for,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Auxiliar powery outlet fuse location

About two or three months ago my cigarette lighter and 12v power outlet went out. I just replaced the fuse and it still hasnt fixed the problem. I have check all connetions, there seems to be nothing wrong with any of it. how would i go about fixing the problem. i also put my phone charger in both plugs and no power. My wife and i have a long trip to go on and a short amount of time to get there. So i cant stop to charge the phone when it dies.
I had the same problem. I found that there are indeed separate fuses for the cigar lighter and the aux power outlet. The fuse for the cigar lighter is in the fuse panel under the dash, a 20 amp fuse. The fuse for the auxiliary power outlet is also a 20 amp fuse, but it is located in the fuse panel under the hood at the front of the engine compartment. There are four 20 amp fuses in there, and I couldn't determine from the diagram on the cover, so I just pulled each one until I found the one that was burned out. The location of this particular fuse, as near as I can tell, is not shown on the diagram on the fuse panel cover, or on the fuse diagram found in the operator's manual. I just had to search till I found it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts