Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I tried to locate any pics and such regarding a modified grill for my Bull. I saw one in Chesapeake VA saturday when I mad a trip. BTW, this car was hot, though it was operated by a wannabe Thug, if you will.

Any members have pics of chromed, or mesh grilles on a Gen 4?

I went to the Parts Store (Home Depot) :lol:, and located a couple of things that may work, but look cheesy IMO

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Check out the rain gutter mesh at home depot. I had made one out of that and it looked really good. But after awhile it started to look bad. So if you do it, paint it and clear coat it.

Nate Dogg

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that stuff, thats what looked cheesy, IMO

Is it wide enough? Didn't look to be, but I didnt have my grille in hand either?

Any Pics? Close ups too?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Did you take off your bumper to do that? I know I wouldnt be able to get behind there with my Sable, but the grille comes off, so I dont have to.

·
Registered
702 Posts
My feeble attempt at a custom grille. Doesn't look too bad, but I wish the holes were smaller.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedyGreeny@Aug 25 2004, 12:34 AM
Did you take off your bumper to do that? I know I wouldnt be able to get behind there with my Sable, but the grille comes off, so I dont have to.
no, i left the bumper on. i would suggest taking it off though. i should of took a picture of my bloody nuckles and hands afterwards. i got cut up pretty good.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
yea speedy, that does. hence why i did it too! :D $2.86 from walmart mod. Sorry if i stole your idea speedy, couldnt help myself.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay.... $1.37 at the Parts Store (Home Depot) A little cut, fit and clearcoat gave me this.

I think I'll get a hold of some stainless steel expandable metal, cuz this ain't shiney enough
(I know Ash would appreciate more Shiney Stuff :wacko: :lol: )

But I'll leave it this way for now.

Thanks for the input.

edit** forgot to add the pic :oops:

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by 96_sab_gs@Aug 25 2004, 07:05 AM
yea speedy, that does. hence why i did it too! :D $2.86 from walmart mod. Sorry if i stole your idea speedy, couldnt help myself.
Hey, More power to ya if you can use other people's ideas- especially mine. :lol2:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
looks great guys, all of them. the gutter mesh is the way to go, i really wish i had a digital camera so i could show you mine, it's unreal. the best thing was how easy mine was to install. took the bumper off and screwed the mesh in as though it was the original grill. for me it came to $1.41 (with tax) at lowe's, my home depot had nothing at all (though it was worth going, i saw a wicked silver g3 SHO parked out front when i went, threw him a TCCA flier too :)). i have a 99, so the bottom of my front bumper is one big opening, my latest project has been figuring out how im going to mesh that using the same type as ive already used. the pieces are too small (like 20+ inches wide, maybe 6 inches tall... you know, the mesh with the 2 hinges on it). but i think im going to use those hinges and some flathead screws, i have my idea ready, but im waiting til i have money for foglights. im going to wait and do the mesh til i have foglights, im going to mount them when its off (i think itll be easier) and i dont want to be taking my bumper off all the dang time.

acreature i had no idea you were in duck, im down there a lot... was in topsail island 3 weeks ago before and during hurricane charley, then i was in emerald isle the week after :) .i know its not duck but im in that area of obx frequently :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts