Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out what I got!

I think the best part is the remote so i don't have to put any holes in the dash.
Any recommendations before I install them?

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
What kind of Taurus/Sable are you putting them on to? I was thinking of putting some on my 92 Sable but not sure what they would like or where to put them. Send us some pics when you have them up and running.

Spiff

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Be sure and wire that remote so it is only hot when the key is on. Trust me you will walk away from your car with them shining.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
A friend of mine had those on her cougar....there nice indeed

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Originally posted by mwt@Dec 25 2003, 04:35 PM
Be sure and wire that remote so it is only hot when the key is on. Trust me you will walk away from your car with them shining.
Ditto; I almost left the car with the remote foglights still on a couple of times. I wouldve hate to have to beg someone for a jump after that happened

·
Registered
318 Posts
I want to install a set of those on the rear roof rack, pointing at the face of the driver behind me.
Then, when some clown follows me with his "fog" lights (1,000,000 candlepower) lighting up my mirrors, I can give him a dose of his own medicine.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Originally posted by Sablewagon@Dec 25 2003, 04:24 PM
I want to install a set of those on the rear roof rack, pointing at the face of the driver behind me.
Then, when some clown follows me with his "fog" lights (1,000,000 candlepower) lighting up my mirrors, I can give him a dose of his own medicine.
ROTFL! That's something I'd like to do!

Those are some nice lights.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
93 Gl is what i'm putting them on.
The rear lights sound like a great idea.

How would i wire it so it wouldn't be hot though?

B

·
0 Posts
Tap into a power line that's only on when the key is on. You can check for that with a test light, or voltmeter. Since this is only power to switch the relay, you could tap into the wire for the radio power.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I got a set very simular on my 1990 Bull. They're great! I have mine running hot, but after leaving them on a couple of times, I kindof learned to flip the switch whenever I get out of the car... it's an automatic response, like locking the doors now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Holy Crap!! I have those exact ones on my 1992 GL!! With the remote and everything! : )

I like em.. I've got a strange problem with them at the moment, but I think that is because of a wire or something.. I also have them running hot, but I should put it so that they are only on when the ignition is on, drained a battery once : (

The remote is great, I have to admit ; ) Finding a place to put it (if not on a keyring) in the taurus is a bit tricky..

Anyway - Congrats, that's a good present..

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I know there's one wire that goes to the radio that's hot only when the ignition is in the "Acc" or "Run" positions. You could wire it up there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How/where exactly did you mount them for a Gen 2?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Installed them yesterday. They work great. I'll have pics up soon.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts