Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Mod day was fun, got my AC compressor to quiet down, thanks to Rudy and Luke. the whole clutch was toast... parents loved their AC. And getting to the AC was a pain in itself, have to remove the dog bone, 3 of the 4 subframe bolts, pass. tire, endlink, and pinch bolt.

The AC clutch (plate?) is held on by 3 rubber (washers?) around 3 (pins?) that is then held on to the AC compressor by 1 bolt. Mine is missing the rubber and had started to bend the metal of the plate where the pins are (aka. only 1 bolt was holding the whole thing together!)

Sorry that I had to bail out so soon but I have to get back to Baytown. Can't wait for the next meet, but can we please have more people show up ON TIME!

I was trying to be nice but good god, yesterday I was there at about 3:30pm and everyone else showed at 9ish.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
This was a spur of the moment meet, with no formal planning on times. If there were designated times to show up, we'd have been there, then.

I didn't even plan on anything happening Monday since Luke was rolling into town in the evening. How things were construed differently is beyond me. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Meet seemed like a success to me. Folks gathered, mods got done, and nobody froze to death. I purposely didn't make this meet super formal because previous "formally-planned" meets have crashed and burned, AND that this meet was placed around New Years, so the drunkards could stumble in whenever they were able to. Hell, we would have LOVED to come earlier today, but convincing a power steering line to not pop off with stripped hose clamps only works so well.

Anyway, on a positive note, this is what got accomplished:

Chris:
-Big 3
-A/C clutch
-headlight harness?

Luke:
-Secured p/s line (4th time is a charm!)
-Installed JBL rcu and sub
-Mark threw pancake at Wesley Snipes. We lol'd

Rudy:
-MVP super awesome technician of the meet. Thanks for letting us work on the cars at White Tent Customs, r00d!
-Got bruiser into running/driving condition. The car scoots! Definitely a strong runner.

Mark:
-Changed out LED rear fogs with incandescent bulbs. Brighter yes, but I think I like the ultra-red coloring of the LEDs better. We'll see.
-Burned 900 stalks of corn driving around. Mmm, beer!
-Did some preliminary measurements for an 07 UIM (mmm, dual plane), and a contour air box setup.

See y'all next time

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I dunno what's up with the JBL install, but the front speakers are acting weird. The LF was working fine with the Mach, while the RF was buzzing... now the RF works fine and the LF is dead... although, the LF tweeter is working fine. Both rear speakers work and the JBL sub works. I'll figure it out when the new JBL GTO series 6x8's arrive.

Power steering hose remained on for the trip home. The car averaged 21mpg on the second tank of gas I've ever run through it. Not bad considering the many WOT blasts I've done. Passing through Elgin last nite around 3am, some guys in a crappy old GM 4 door (ie Chevy Celebrity) kept checking me out, pacing... I didn't know what they were doing, but Wesley Snipes didn't bother waiting around to find out.... 55mph to 120mph no problem... bye bye crappy GM.

Big props to Rudy and family for their continued genuine hospitality. :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
You need some kind of little symbol on the front fender for kills. Maybe something from one of his movies. Little bat or a pair of sunglasses or a Katana sword or even IRS with the red circle-slash to mean no taxes.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
or even IRS with the red circle-slash to mean no taxes.
[/b]
:rofl2: :rofl2:

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
About this Discussion
71 Replies
13 Participants
spridget
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing