Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given we are a big bunch of tinkering crazies, and there's always SOMETHING on our cars that requires customization or maintenance, why not have a mod day/days meet?

Rudy has his project gen 2/3/4/4.5 Big Blue Bucket -o- Bolts going on (really awesome), Luke has 100 Taurus projects to choose from, and I just wont leave my poor car alone. Sounds like the makings for a great meet. And it's not like we don't tinker with our cars every time we have a meet anyways.

It's a bit early in the game to start picking a date, but sometime before Christmas might be good, since The North TX guys are proposing a meet up near Dallas after the new year. I don't want to intrude on meet plans, so I'm keeping this easy-going, nothing too official, just a "show up if you'd like" kind of mod day to take care of any Taurus bugs you'd like to work out on your ride.

Chances are, it'd be during the week, since everybody has busy weekends, and the great Spridget works weekends, so this would give him a chance to come out and tinker with the cars (and not one of the 50 he has in his driveway. :lol: ).

Lemmie know what y'all think. We can start putting something together about this if yall have interest. Remember, the least amount of planning means the most people will show up! lol.

-Mark

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
Maybe I'll have my SHO by then. :x:
If it's the day I'm coming back from Pensacola with it, I'll swing by with both (probably pissed off and tired :D )

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heck, even if it's not the mod day, let us know! It'd be awesome to meet the vp in person. We're usually quite good at impromptu gatherings. It's these planned ones that give us the most trouble. :lol2:

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
Maybe I'll have my SHO by then. :x:
If it's the day I'm coming back from Pensacola with it, I'll swing by with both (probably pissed off and tired :D )
[/b]

Same here... maybe the '98 SHO will be legal and road worthy. [/b][/quote]

The 91 will have fresh rod bearings and a red tag in the back window :)

We gotta find somewhere to run 'em :noes:

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Why do I have a bad feeling about even trying to race my bull?

I still have my list of stuff, I need to take another good look at which bushings I need to replace and the water pump pulley is still acting up since the last meet up (the low noise squeaking when I don't have the A/C on, but lessens when it is on), still need to finish that damm wiring too for the remote starter (I want that back now!).

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it's your a/c clutch/pulley acting up. Mine is giving me problems as well. The friction material separated from the clutch, so it squeaks when i have the a/c on. Yours sounded like it was dragging a little bit. :noes:

Any overheating/running hot issues?

Luke, pull the wagon down here with the 98. It needs moar rocker adjustment and a "re-vamped" intake manifold. :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
If you guys plan a meet right before christmas it should be just the right timing. Just let me know and i should be there! (if not too far)

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I could come down on some space saver rims if I can have your rims to drive back on Mark.

I will ship them back to you when I get home

Trust me

Mike
:ph34r:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not that I know of.... :noes: can't afford a new car.
[/b]
Ah. No worries. Doesn't sound like you're having WP issues then. :D

Originally posted by mwt

I could come down on some space saver rims if I can have your rims to drive back on Mark.

I will ship them back to you when I get home

Trust me
Excellent idea, Mike! Those space savers will definitely help your mpgs on the way down. These cobras are awfully heavy, though. I'm sure you'll be able get over the mpg drop with them.

Maybe I should just charge rental... :makeadeal:

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Yes Chris, I think the problem with yours is that its slightly dragging, a re-shim should take care of it, where as Mark's simply needs replacement, lol.

·
Registered
732 Posts
i work all weekage....dang...but the monday before crhistmas im off ....so maby a weekend slash...follow into the week meet? i donno lemme know what yall are thinking so i can try to snag some days off

·
Registered
283 Posts
i may be back in dallas for new years for those in that area that wanna dfw meet....

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
About this Discussion
71 Replies
13 Participants
spridget
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing