Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so now my radio deosnt work and my heater controls either but yet my blower stays on defrost radio and controls dont even light up and yes all fuses are good

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Hmm...check the connections behind the radio faceplate/ICP and also check the connections that go into the RCU. Make sure they are free of corrosion and are firmly seated. Sounds like something has come loose.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm...check the connections behind the radio faceplate/ICP and also check the connections that go into the RCU. Make sure they are free of corrosion and are firmly seated. Sounds like something has come loose.
[/b]

or was left loose by the dealer its going back to them monday
i am pretty sure that the new computer has changed my shift points for my trans full throttle i hit second at 7100 rpms believe me or not i dont care buy it and you can see for yourself
2800 obo in grand rapids michigan 99 sho 115000 miles

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Ya if the heater stays on defrost, then there's probably a vacuum line disconnected, since the doors are vacuum operated, and they default to defrost so you can see. And if the radio and controls don't work, then either they're all unplugged too, or they fuse is blown, or gone - make sure they didn't pull the fuse and forget to put it back in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya if the heater stays on defrost, then there's probably a vacuum line disconnected, since the doors are vacuum operated, and they default to defrost so you can see. And if the radio and controls don't work, then either they're all unplugged too, or they fuse is blown, or gone - make sure they didn't pull the fuse and forget to put it back in.
[/b]

nope voltage drop across black wire with pink strip replaced all good

thank god shes all fixed for tonite

1 - 7 of 7 Posts