Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of performance results would i get from a chip in a 1993 taurus gl? the car has 74k miles on it and just had a tranny rebuild.

·
Registered
959 Posts
My question is, where can I get ahold of the damn hand-held, where's the port on my car to plug it, is there someplace to get the PC software and connector cables, and how much does it cost for a blank multi-program chip?

I'm running a '93 GL 3.0l, and I'm probably waiting a while on the chip, but I still need to finish my rough budget and timeline.

Oh, and I'm is western Canada, so visiting your shop is seriously unrealistic, unless I make a roadtrip to Ohio to visit family, and book an extra week to wander over. As opposed to just flying.

·
Registered
437 Posts
EEC-IV's cannot be flashed,only EEC-V's. Thus, you cannot use the flasher.

Why do you want a blank chip? On a stock car, there is no really any need for a dynotune in person...

·
Registered
959 Posts
Originally posted by americanmotorsport.com@Jun 2 2004, 02:46 PM
EEC-IV's cannot be flashed,only EEC-V's. Thus, you cannot use the flasher.

Why do you want a blank chip? On a stock car, there is no really any need for a dynotune in person...
The logic was that I could get ahold of the handheld, the software, and a blank chip, do the flashing myself, and avoid the potentially REALLY long road trip to Virginia. Besides which, there's absolutely NOWHERE that I have been able to find after-market, prefab chips for my car... not anywhere that's doesn't require a credit card, at any rate... and I have intentionally avoided getting a credit card for a reason.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You could gain better shifting, better gas mileage, more horsepower and torque at all RPMs- all depends on what you want.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Originally posted by Trikt+Jun 2 2004, 05:34 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trikt @ Jun 2 2004, 05:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-americanmotorsport.com@Jun 2 2004, 02:46 PM
EEC-IV's cannot be flashed,only EEC-V's.  Thus, you cannot use the flasher.

Why do you want a blank chip?  On a stock car, there is no really any need for a dynotune in person...
The logic was that I could get ahold of the handheld, the software, and a blank chip, do the flashing myself, and avoid the potentially REALLY long road trip to Virginia. Besides which, there's absolutely NOWHERE that I have been able to find after-market, prefab chips for my car... not anywhere that's doesn't require a credit card, at any rate... and I have intentionally avoided getting a credit card for a reason. [/b][/quote]
I canm ake you a chip without you having to come in person. For a stockish car, a dynotune in person is not necessary. Most of the chips I have made on this board, have been mail-order. This applies even for D'man's chip, which showed the huge dyno gains.

With just your car details, we can make a custom (not pre-fabbed) chip for you. We also accept Postal Money orders...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Don't waste your $$$ on a JET brand chip... I've noticed little or no real difference
in my car's performance.(98 Taurus SE w/3.0L Vulcan) It did seem to raise the rev limiter, but no difference in shifts or overall power.
:( :unsure:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts