Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fist time i installed the chip it didnt statr so I read a lot of tips from the other threads. I put my chip in the 2nd time yesterday and i throughly cleaned the interconnects, I sanded down to the copper with emery cloth (polishing sand paper, high grit 1000's). Next i made spacers for the back of the ECU and installed the chip then duct taped it all into place. It work the first drive with the car. Shut off went inside happy. Took my buddy for a ride later it was great. Came back satisfied yet again. Today before work...... yea i was already late car wouldnt start!! and the fans and stuff stay on when car isnt running, which i know means the chip isnt connecting properly. So what else can i do??????

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
What kind of chip is it, where did you get it?

I would say that if that kind of stuff is happening, and you followed the installation instructions, take the chip out and call the manufacturer or the tuner. They may have sent you a faulty chip.

JR

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Yeah a bad chip can cause very bad problems. I lost a PCM to a chip once. Take the chip out immediately and make sure the car still runs with the PCM alone.

-Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts