Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Well, the first one looks interesting, especially at that price. Probably a bunch of selectable presets, with possible damage to your transmission eventually. Notice how the ad says your vehicle has to be in "excellent" shape. There's their out when your **** breaks, you didn't heed warranty instructions...
The second one is just a power conditioner; spike & surge arrester. HP increase doubtful.
The third one is a "black box", i.e. a data logger. Fun to play with. I use a laptop with OBDII software for the same thing.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Waste of time and money, those items don't work, the first could cause issues. The best thing you can do is all preventive maintance, plugs/wires/cap/rotor/fuel filter/Sea Foam fog. The Taurus really can't be modded very much from stock without doing a full engine rebuild, and even that won't add much power from stock.

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
Advance base timing a few degrees and run premium fuel. Better tip in response, and maybe 5 or so HP increase. Dont advance it so far that it detonates. All those "chips" are worthless.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks i thought they were BS but I wanted to make sure

·
Registered
671 Posts
Waste of time and money, those items don't work, the first could cause issues. The best thing you can do is all preventive maintance, plugs/wires/cap/rotor/fuel filter/Sea Foam fog. The Taurus really can't be modded very much from stock without doing a full engine rebuild, and even that won't add much power from stock.
I agree chips are useless garbage, but you can't say modding won't add much power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts