Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...i just got my chin spoiler for my gen 4 :D ...and i was wondering where to make those v-cuts and how to mount exactly... i could not find the info when i searched the forums....thanks

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
It's kind of a "cut and attach as needed" thing...start in the middle, and work your way to the ends, fitting as you go. Double-stick tape might make the job easier, and hold it in place until you have it positioned exactly how you want it before you drill anything for the permanent fasteners.

It might even be easier with the bumper off the car and flipped over, but that's definitely not a requirement.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Thats exactly what I did, just cut as you go, but remember to make similar cuts on both sides so it appears uniform across the bumper. The oem spoilers come with 5 pegs molded to it to help center it. You will have to trim off a little but on both ends, maybe 3/4" inch? TAKE YOUR TIME!!! you can make it look perfect if you try.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks i figured i needed patience to do this i just wanted to make sure what i had to do before i started drilling....ill post pics when i get it on :D

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
QUOTE (Kyle's 03 SES @ Jul 22 2009, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=741296
Hey...i just got my chin spoiler for my gen 4 :D ...and i was wondering where to make those v-cuts and how to mount exactly... i could not find the info when i searched the forums....thanks[/b]
You should be able to find the original instructional pic in my garage/gallery. It's in the mod list for the Mach 1 chin spoiler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts