Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow TCCA'ers...... I think it's about time that we start planning a big meet here in Chicago. I was talking this over with Daniel (Silvapain) and we came up with the following ideas. First we have the Taste Of Chicago in Grant Park, June 25-July 4, and if you come out on the 3rd.... you'll get to see the fireworks (which is like a 20 minute show). :chili: We can all meet up some place and then head out to the taste. OR We can meet up for the Chicago Air & Water show, August
21 & 22. These should make for some great meets! If you're also interested, we could hold a smaller meet at this nickle arcade place. It's not bad, $2 to get in and the games all use nickles! Well, tell me what you guys think. Lets get something rolling already! :D

J

·
0 Posts
ehhh..... that'd be a 6.5 hour drive for me, not sure if I'd be there or not... :unsure:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by jason8225@Jun 8 2004, 12:18 AM
ehhh..... that'd be a 6.5 hour drive for me, not sure if I'd be there or not... :unsure:
LOL.... aww... come on! *nudges* You know you wanna! We'll maybe if more people come, you'll change your mind. :D

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Xmann01+Jun 8 2004, 01:32 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xmann01 @ Jun 8 2004, 01:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jason8225@Jun 8 2004, 12:18 AM
ehhh..... that'd be a 6.5 hour drive for me, not sure if I'd be there or not...  :unsure:
LOL.... aww... come on! *nudges* You know you wanna! We'll maybe if more people come, you'll change your mind. :D [/b][/quote]
I suppose that if some of the detroit area people are going, I might meet up with them and caravan with them - that would make the drive more tolerable. :)

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
hmm...i might be interested - I'm about an hour and a half away from the outskirts of Chicago in W. Lafayette, IN.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by golovko@Jun 8 2004, 11:33 AM
hmm...i might be interested - I'm about an hour and a half away from the outskirts of Chicago in W. Lafayette, IN.
That's interesting - I have a great uncle from West Lafayette. B)

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by golovko@Jun 8 2004, 10:33 AM
Same here. Well Lafayette but still about 2 or so hours up to chicago.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I'm definitely coming. You guys from Lafayette can meet up with me in Bourbonnais IL, if you want. It is a straight shot over from SR 10 to Bourbonnais off I65.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by silvapain@Jun 8 2004, 03:43 PM
I'm definitely coming. You guys from Lafayette can meet up with me in Bourbonnais IL, if you want. It is a straight shot over from SR 10 to Bourbonnais off I65.
Woohoo! This sounds like it's coming together! :banana: Awesome! So which event would we all be attending?

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by Xmann01+Jun 8 2004, 05:46 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xmann01 @ Jun 8 2004, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silvapain@Jun 8 2004, 03:43 PM
I'm definitely coming.  You guys from Lafayette can meet up with me in Bourbonnais IL, if you want.  It is a straight shot over from SR 10 to Bourbonnais off I65.
Woohoo! This sounds like it's coming together! :banana: Awesome! So which event would we all be attending? [/b][/quote]
Its been ages since i have gone to the taste and haven't been to an air show yet (yeah i know crazy after living there for 18 year) . Which one is less crowded traffic and people wise (i know, silly question, it's chicago)? I'm all about having fun but more people and more traffic doesn't mean more fun IMO.

*edited* spelling

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm.... they'll both be pretty crowded. I'd say that the air and water show will be less crowded..... but i'm not 100% sure. I'm a bit worse than you, i've lived here all my life and even i'm not sure. :lol:

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I'd be up for august (scheduled depending of course)

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Jun 15 2004, 09:16 PM
So? Any new stuff on this? Anyone want to attend?!
Well, obviously there's interest - and August appears to be the popular vote for when, so now we need a more definite date and somebody needs to decide what we're going to do in Chicago and where. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts