Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There will be at least a small group of us meeting for the Chicago Auto Show.

We will be arriving at some point on Thurs. Feb 12th and leaving Sun. Feb 15th.

It is rumored that the 2010 Taurus SHO will be unveiled! Not sure how accurate or true that is but time will tell...

If anybody's interested in going, please post! I'm not exactly sure what day we'll be attending the show, probably Friday as I think that's when it starts.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> You'll be a day late. :) [/b]
Que? The Chicago Auto Show is February 13th-22nd.
[/b][/quote]

My guess is the private press release for the SHO will be the day before...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Damn, I have school! :angry: I wish I could go. Chicago is not to long of a drive from my home. I've heard great things about the Auto Show up there. Hopefully Ford will turn it into an Auto SHOw.:chili:

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Of course I will be SHOing up.

I'm making arrangements with school and stuff as we speak...:woot:

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:bump:

C'mon - where are all the Chicago folks?! This is gonna be a killer time! :banana:

We will be there next Wed thru Sun so if anybody wants to go out one evening or come for the weekend let us know! B)

Elisa and I go every year.

We're in.
[/b]
Cool! What day can you guys make it Daniel? :)

I might be going, but will be attending Saturday mosty likely.
[/b]
Let us know and we can try to setup a time/place for everyone to meet up. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Yup, whether weather permits, I will be driving back home to Chicago on Friday and attending the Auto Show on Saturday. Also I am up for any festivities going on outside the Auto Show Saturday or Sunday.

Only thing is I am probably going to be going to the Auto Show with a couple friends/family, so if you guys do end up going on Saturday i'll just pop-by for greetings and such.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
I'll be going to the Auto Show on the 18th. PM me if anyone wants to meet up on that day. I can't wait to see the new lineup of my favorite brands... :ford: :merc: [No Lincoln or Volvo smilies to insert, but imagine them here with the same goofy grins]

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup, whether weather permits, I will be driving back home to Chicago on Friday and attending the Auto Show on Saturday. Also I am up for any festivities going on outside the Auto Show Saturday or Sunday.

Only thing is I am probably going to be going to the Auto Show with a couple friends/family, so if you guys do end up going on Saturday i'll just pop-by for greetings and such.
[/b]
We'll be around and don't really have anything planned for Friday so if there's anything you recommend doing in Chicago on Friday or if you want to meet up with us when you get there let me know. My cell is 330-806-5832.

I'll be going to the Auto Show on the 18th. PM me if anyone wants to meet up on that day. I can't wait to see the new lineup of my favorite brands... :ford: :merc: [No Lincoln or Volvo smilies to insert, but imagine them here with the same goofy grins]
[/b]
Unfortunately a lot of us will be there next week, but not the following.

Dave, me (and maybe Jim) will be there Wed the 11th through Sun the 15th, so if you're in the area and want to meet up let us know!

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
I think I will end up going on Saturday the 14th. Now, my question is does anyone else plan to meet up in a parking lot or somewhere like that beforehand, if so downtown Chicago during the Auto Show's opening weekend is gonna be damn hectic. Available parking is always at a premium. It might be better to gather in an area away from McCormick Place and then head down there using public transit. I could make suggestions of how and where, most of which will be less money or about the same price as using the parking lots close to the convention center.

For instance, if any of you are gonna be coming around the northwest suburbs, there's a PACE bus terminal near a shopping center called The Streets of Woodfield. There will be a direct bus route between Schaumburg and McCormick Place for a LOT LESS MONEY than parking fees in the city- about 2-3 dollars per head for the bus versus $14+ for nearby parking. The PACE station has a big long-term parking lot for passengers, and it's free to use. From what I've read in profiles, some of you may already be familiar with where Streets of Woodfield is.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I will end up going on Saturday the 14th. Now, my question is does anyone else plan to meet up in a parking lot or somewhere like that beforehand, if so downtown Chicago during the Auto Show's opening weekend is gonna be damn hectic. Available parking is always at a premium. It might be better to gather in an area away from McCormick Place and then head down there using public transit. I could make suggestions of how and where, most of which will be less money or about the same price as using the parking lots close to the convention center.

For instance, if any of you are gonna be coming around the northwest suburbs, there's a PACE bus terminal near a shopping center called The Streets of Woodfield. There will be a direct bus route between Schaumburg and McCormick Place for a LOT LESS MONEY than parking fees in the city- about 2-3 dollars per head for the bus versus $14+ for nearby parking. The PACE station has a big long-term parking lot for passengers, and it's free to use. From what I've read in profiles, some of you may already be familiar with where Streets of Woodfield is.
[/b]
Car pooling sounds like a good idea. It makes things a lot easier.

My number is posted above. Give me a call sometime on Friday and we can iron out details. Once we have a plan I will post it here, too for anybody else interested.

There are a few people I've been in touch with about having some kind of meet in/around the Chicago Auto Show this weekend so please make sure you get a hold of me if you're interested. I'll keep an eye on this thread as much as possible.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:bump:

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Stop by Ashkum at 4:30 Am and I'll give you a ride.....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts