Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is my first attempt to fiberglass, and doing something like this period. I was unsure how it was going to turn out, but it actually turned out better than I expected. It's probably not professional standards but my first time, and first approach on fiberglassing. I plan on putting 2 6.5 components on each door. Well enough with the talk here are the pics. Hope you guys like it! :D

started out with this...

and then...

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
looks really good! i like the textured paint more then i thought i would

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Yeah looks cool! Can't wait to see it once the speakers are in and it's put back together on the door! :D

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, i'll keep updating when I have more time to finish it.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Not bad at all! Great job. B)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I took a couple pics of what the speaker will look like when they are on the door. The door isnt finished still needs painted, but here is an idea of what it will look like, you get the idea!

full shot

close up

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
QUOTE (01mercLS @ Apr 9 2009, 10:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716624
Well, this is my first attempt to fiberglass, and doing something like this period. I was unsure how it was going to turn out, but it actually turned out better than I expected. It's probably not professional standards but my first time, and first approach on fiberglassing...[/b]
not professional standards MY @$$! I think you've found yourself a new career! Looks GOOD!
<image img src='http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i41/MercLS01/doors019.jpg'width=400></image>

·
Banned
90 Posts
utterly amazing, definitely makes me want to put some glass on my doors, rear deck & trunk... B)
also, are the speakers fully enclosed?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used rustoleum textured paint. I didnt know how it would turn out but it turned out better than I expected. Im happy with the progress. Thanks for the compliments guys i'll keep updating when I get more time to work on it. :D

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
QUOTE (01mercLS @ Apr 11 2009, 12:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716863
I used rustoleum textured paint. I didnt know how it would turn out but it turned out better than I expected. Im happy with the progress. Thanks for the compliments guys i'll keep updating when I get more time to work on it. :D[/b]
The only thing that I think you need to do different when you glass my doors ;) is to add the courtesy light on the bottom of the door like on the earlier generations.

After your door mods, what are you thinking of doing next?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol a courtesy light would be a nice addition, well after my doors are finished, I will be working on a custom enclosure for my 15 FI SSD sub.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Since it was nice out today I decided to paint one of the doors. Here is how it turned out. Looks really good in person. The textured paint turned out really nice painted!! Well here are some pics. i'll have more when the paint cures i'll put them on the door. Here it is for now.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
QUOTE (01mercLS @ Apr 17 2009, 04:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=718428
Since it was nice out today I decided to paint one of the doors. Here is how it turned out. Looks really good in person. The textured paint turned out really nice painted!! Well here are some pics. i'll have more when the paint cures i'll put them on the door...[/b]
LOOKIN' GOOD!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yea, the whole door idea looks kool, but th Hifonics speakers are garbage. Good brand speakers that would sound better... A LOT bette rwould be the Alpine SPX-13PRO. I am an installation technician for Car Audio... I can tell you anything that u would like to know about them and HiFonics isnt too good of a brand... somewhat powerful and cheap but not good durability or sound quality... go with alpine, kicker or mtx. but i will tell you what, the idea and the execution of the door idea is insane man. i love the design and the bubble of the one speaker on each door.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts